Celebs seem to be wearing beautiful dresses all the time, but few of those make a lasting impression. Fashion is fast these days. One day something new pops up and the next day it’s forgotten. And as much as we’d like to think that it’s the celebrities who make the fashion statements, it’s often the dresses that make that statement and make history. So let’s take a look at 15 dresses that definitely made history.
1. The decolletage on this dress definitely made Jayne Mansfield the centre of attention back in 1957. She sure got some interesting glances.
2. The sparkly nude dress Marilyn Monroe wore to sing Happy Birthday to John F. Kennedy in 1962. It’s been more than half a century and that dress still stands the test of time. If someone wore it today – it would still look incredibly fashionable.
3. Mary Tyler Moore definitely shocked the public with this revealing green dress in the fifth season of The Mary Tyler Moore Show in 1975.
4. Madonna is the queen of scandalous dresses, but we believe this little wedding dress she wore in the video for her song “Like A Virgin” back in 1984 was where it all began.
5. We mostly associate the Oscars with a lot of fancy but classy dresses these days. Well Cher didn’t care about that back in 1988. She wanted to stand out.