Out at an event or a red carpet if you’re surrounded by celebs who are all trying to look unique and dressed up? Easy – you wear a naked dress.
Some people consider these dresses to be vulgar, others think they’re very elegant and feminine. One thing is for sure – you’ve got to have a pretty awesome body and a lot of confidence to pull off a look like that.
1. Contrary to popular belief, these dresses weren’t invented recently. It’s not a new shameless trend that millennials came up. In fact, it was Marilyn Monroe who was the first to wear it. She wore the legendary naked dress to wish President Kennedy a Happy Birthday in 1962.
2. Barbra Streisand also wore a very bold outfit to the Oscars in 1969. It’s not quite a dress though, her outfit was more of a naked pantsuit. She won an Oscar for her role in Funny Girl that year and made quite a statement with her outfit too.
3. Cher isn’t just a legendary singer. She’s also an Oscar winning actress. She won an Oscar in 1988 for her role in Moonstruck and boy did she know how to shock people with her outfit. Her naked dress was quite extravagant and definitely became a subject of many conversations.
4. Naked dresses were around for ages, but their popularity definitely skyrocketed after 2010. Jennifer Lopez was one of the first modern Hollywood celebs to give naked dresses a chance, and it looks like she’s been loving them ever since. Look at how incredible she looked in her naked dress at The Golden Globes in 2013.
5. American Music Awards 2015
6. MET Gala 2015
7. Oscars After Party 2015
8. Billboard Music Awards 2015