6. Get comfortable with alone time, and learn to love and need it! Spending time with a hot bae or having a girls night out are both wonderful things, but so is just chilling out and having a solitary night of silence with Olivia Pope and some mac and cheese. Loving alone time is loving you!
7. Always dance. This can be in said solitary dance parties, or while you’re cleaning the house. It cheers you up naturally, and you don’t need to be in a sloshy club environment to get there. It’s similar to making yourself smile – it’s hard to dance and stay grumpy or bad about yourself!
8. Never try to be someone you’re not, for the sake of anything or anyone else. This involves being honest with yourself, but also being slightly vulnerable and putting away a “persona” that can protect you. Being yourself can return you to a sense of inner peace and natural confidence, though it sounds scary.
9. Take yourself out to a nice fancy dinner of your choice at least once every couple of weeks. You don’t need a man to enjoy a candlelit meal! A steak and a fancy glass of red wine taste just as delicious with the awesome company of yourself. A great practice in confidence.
10. Travel to a new place – it doesn’t have to be on the other side of the globe, but traveling helps us get out of our comfort zone, and exposes us to many other cultures and ways of life, appreciating our own lives more, and falling in love with cities and yourself along the way.