Whether you have naturally small eyes, hungover, or just always struggling on your morning commute to look fully awake, we have the remedies to make them dazzling again. Here are some vital hacks to revitalize those windows to your soul, making them stand out more, and giving your eyes life again.
1. Put cold tea bags over your eyes – personally, we love green and chamomile for their soothing and rejuvenating effects. Tannins are in tea, which tighten your skin and make you look more awake, i.e makes those babies look more youthful and bigger!
2. A bold liner on your upper waterline, when applying liner. The upper waterline is the inner part of your upper eyelid – dry it, and line it with black liner – it makes your lashes look fuller, and eyes look vibrantly open and sultry, opening them up and enhancing your color.
3. Liquid or gel liners are your friend – it’s all about the flick. The flick is those elegant, stretched out wisps that elongate your eyes. Gel gives you more control over the flick than liquid does, as does the angled tip.
4. Use an eyelash curler, and keep it close to the eyelid. This will lengthen your lashes in the natural way if you don’t want to go the lengthening via mascara shortcut.
5. Go peach instead of white. People often think that white liner makes your eyes look bigger, but it can wash you out and give the opposite effect, sometimes. Peach is a little softer and will be less startling than a pure white. It’s like a highlighter that gives you an instant lift through the inner rims of your eyes, hiding circles or tired-looking eyes.
6. Try to stick with more neutral eyeshadow tones that compliments your skin tone rather than darker shades. A too-severe color can make your eyes look tiny and is basically doing the same thing that dark circles do. Stay away!
7. The time that it is ok to use white is when dabbing the inner corner of your eye – but semi sheer with a little bit of sparkle – it opens up your eyes from the inside, and makes them look fresh and dewy. Tired eyes, try this.
8. Apply some ice or Adhesive eye therapy pads – both are great for waking up your under-eyes and giving your eyes some life again. Get rid of puffy inflammation and other eye relate woes with this.
9. Get your brows groomed well, and pronounce the arch! We know, these don’t really count as your eyes, but they frame them in a way that can draw the right or wrong kind of attention, based on your grooming habits. Also, make sure to brush them upwards to keep your shape defined and your eyes looking as bold as possible.
10. Use a subtle concealer to cover up circles. The trick to this that leaves most gals hanging in the eye improvement department is that they don’t go a shade lighter than their foundation – this is necessary to brighten and lift, giving you that doe-eyed look.