How many times have you found yourself in the store trying to figure out what your skin needs are? If you’re anything like me, who spends hours trying to explore the numerous options available at the beauty stores but walks away with the same mascara I’ve been using for the past five years, you might want to look into beauty subscription boxes. These companies put together a perfectly tailored box for you: you can find anything from skin and hair products to fashion accessories and make up in it. Most of these companies will ask you to create a profile and answer multiple questions about your skin type, hair type, style, make up preferences, etc. Beauty boxes vary in price and product selection and here are 7 of the best for you to try.
1. Birchbox. One of the first beauty boxes to appear on the market Birchbox is still going strong. For just $10/month you get five different deluxe-sized products. You also have the option to choose one of the products in a box or sign up for a surprise box.
2. Ipsy. Co-founded by famous YouTuber Michelle Phan Ipsy is a big dog on the market. With a $10/month or $110/year subscription you get 5 items with an average total value of $53. The items alternate between a full-size and deluxe-size and arrive in a functional make up bag.
3. Boxycharm. Unlike Ipsy and Birchbox, Boxycharm delivers 4 to 5 full-sized products to your door every month. A subscription price is $21/month but an average market value of your beauty box is $100. Hurry up – Boxycharm runs out of stock fast. There is always a well-worth option to be placed on the wait list.
4. Play by Sephora. Let’s face it: we all spend hours in Sephora both because we need to and because it is a heaven-like place that can provide all the products a girl needs. That said – their beauty box has a strong game. If you liked a product in your box, you can walk into the closest Sephora and get it full-sized. Perfection!
5. e.l.f. play beautifully. If you are a fan of these quality affordable cosmetics you will most definitely enjoy their boxes. With three options for subscription (monthly, 6 months, 1 year) you will get a box filled with e.l.f products (average of $40 value). Company’s makeup artists combine the best products for their customers so that you can enjoy your decision-free make up routine.
6. Target Beauty Box. For just $7 you get a little box of Target’s finest beauty products. The store seems to run out of the boxes rather quickly, so plan ahead! The total value of the product box is about $28.
7. Walmart Beauty Box. Each season the box contains products you can find in Walmart or on Walmart.com. Not sure how to apply a specific item? Walmart has got you covered. Instructions on what items you are receiving and how to use them will be provided with your box.