Every woman dreams about a slim and beautiful body, but just a few of us really know how to get it right. So before you start dieting check out these basic tips on how to lose weight fast and stay healthy.
1. Small goals are better than huge targets! Don’t try to lose weight fast. The best way to get rid of those hateful pounds is to reduce just 1 1/2 pounds a week.
2. Never ever starve yourself! It actually slows down your metabolism which is the key factor to helping you shed pounds. A fast metabolism means your body naturally burns more calories before they turn into fat and you actually don’t gain weight. Remember the more calories your body burns, the easier it is to lose weight.
So try to eat at least 3 meals a day. It’s even better to eat every time you feel hungry but remember – eat more frequently, but not more food.
3. Learn which foods which are good for you and which are not!
Eat fruit and vegetables.
Eat healthy carbs such as brown rice, bran cereal/flakes, wheat pasta, bulgar, whole grain bread, steel cut oats etc. Try to avoid unhealthy carbs such as white rice, cornflakes, white bread, instant oatmeal etc.
Eat high-protein foods such as lean meats, eggs, poultry, sea foods, dairy products (milk, cheese, and yoghurt). Proteins contribute to the growth and development of muscles, bones, ligaments and tissue.
Avoid any kind of junk foods, chocolate, ice cream, potato chips. Most carbonated drinks also are not recommended as they contain a lot of sugar.
4. Eat fat burning foods every day. You’ve probably heard about “magic foods” that substantially boost your metabolism. It sounds too good to be true but it is! So remember these foods and try to eat them every day to let them make their miracles. They are: hot peppers, ginger, green tea, eggs, grapefruit or lemon, low-fat milk, garlic.
5. Drink lots of water! It helps you speed up your metabolism.
6. Always remember about exercising! People who work out regularly not only drop pounds more effectively, but are even more successful at keeping weight off. Try to work out at least two or three times a week. Even just walking is of great value. Working out also helps to reduce stress that can be caused by dieting itself.
7. Sleep at least 8 hours a night! Getting enough sleep is also an important factor when you are trying to lose weight as it helps to boost your metabolism. Whereas missing out on good sleep is the main cause for you’re lack of activity as you feel sleepy and fatigued all the time.
8. Don’t overdo! You’re more likely to lose weight and keep it off if you follow these tips gradually and consistently.