Don’t you wish your eyelashes looked long and healthy and voluminous all the time, and not just when you put like fifty layers of mascara on? Too often women complain about having thin, short and damaged eyelashes, and then they resort to wearing falsies every day. Well, the good news is that there’s a way to fix that, and make your eyelashes grow to be longer and fuller in just a month. Here’s a couple of tips you should follow to make that happen.
1. Give your eyelashes a break. You don’t have to put on layers upon layers of mascara every day. That only makes your eyelashes more brittle and prone to damage. You probably have makeup free days to let your skin breathe a little, but you still put on mascara, don’t you? How about having a couple of mascara free days to let you eyelashes breathe?
2. Clean your eyelashes thoroughly. Don’t ever go to bed with your mascara still on. Your lashes might actually break upon touching the pillow if they’ve got mascara on. So make sure you remove mascara with some oily makeup remover every night before going to bed.
3. A nice way to make your eyelashes grow is to massage them with oils a couple of times a week. Just put a drop of olive oil or coconut oil on your clean fingertips and massage your eyelids and eyelashes for 5 minutes. It’ll improve circulation in the area and make your eyelashes grow. Plus, the oil will moisturize the eyelashes and make them look shinier and healthier.
4. Another great way to moisturize your eyelashes is to use aloe vera. You can either buy organic aloe vera gel or if you have an aloe plant at home – break off a leaf, squeeze some of the juice onto your fingertips and apply to your lashes. Leave it on overnight and wash off in the morning. Using aloe vera is a great way to strengthen your lashes.
5. Egg masks are also an awesome way to strengthen your lashes. Just mix one egg with one tablespoon of petroleum jelly or glycerin and apply to your eyelashes for a couple of minutes. Do this mask about 3 times a week for a month and you’ll definitely see results.
6. You can also just use plain petroleum jelly to moisturize your dry eyelashes overnight. Just apply a small amount of it onto your lashes before going to bed, but make sure not to get any into your eyes. Wash off in the morning. You can actually do this every day.
7. Green tea is used in many hair strengthening shampoos and hair loss treatments. It’s full of vitamins and antioxidants that are good for your hair, and for your eyelashes too. So what you can do is brew a strong cup of green tea, let it cool, soak a cotton pad in it and apply it to your eyelashes in the morning and in the evening for a couple of minutes. This can be done daily too.
8. This should be obvious, but not a lot of people consider that your nutrition influences your whole body and your eyelashes too. So try to eat healthy. Make sure to include good proteins and good fats in your diet for strong hair and eyelashes. Eat plenty of fish, eggs, fruits and veggies.