Christmas might be a family holiday, but it’s also the most festive holiday of all. Everyone dresses up, decorate their homes and generally puts a lot of effort into looking lovely and festive. It’s also a great time to play around with your makeup and go for a more dramatic look. No one will judge you, since everything about Christmas is over the top. So, keeping that in mind, we thought it would be cool to supply you with a couple of Christmas makeup ideas that might inspire you to be bold and beautiful this year.
1. Gold eyeshadow is very popular around Christmas time, but if you’d like to stand out even more, you could try using gold eyeshadow with a metallic finish. You’ll definitely feel unique this way and since it’s already such a statement eye look you can keep the rest of your makeup minimal.
2. Bronze eye makeup has been in trend for ages now and it’s not going away. It looked awesome in the summer, but it also looks great in the winter, it definitely acquires a more festive feel to it in the colder months. Pair it with a nude lip and you’ve got yourself a festive yet subdued look.
3. A classic Christmas look is gold eyes and red lips, but if you want to spice things up a bit you can add some green onto your bottom eyelid. It’s subtle enough not to look crazy, but definitely adds a special something to the whole look and takes it up a notch.
4. Another bronzy makeup variation, but with a juicy pink lip. Lately the world seems to have divided into nude and red lips, but there isn’t enough pink. And who said pink is not a Christmas color? Pink is always suitable – for every occasion.
5. Green is a major Christmas color, but few people seem to remember that. It’s not something that’s easy to incorporate into your look on a daily basis, but Christmas seems like the perfect occasion for green eyeshadow.
6. If you don’t want to play around with lots of eyeshadows, or perhaps you’re just not sure you can deal with all that shimmer and glitter on your eyelids, you could simply go with a gold or copper eyeliner. It’ll be subtle yet very festive at the same time. Especially if you coordinate the color with your nails.
7. If you want to be the star of the night you can incorporate little glitter stars into your makeup. Either add some on the outer corners of your eyes, or, if you have the time and patience you could even use glitter stars as your eyeliner. That’s gonna take precision though, but the effect is definitely worth the effort.
8. Subvert expectations and wear a dark lip for Christmas. It’ll look bold and unusual and you’ll definitely stand out in the crowd. The subtle hint of gold shimmer on your eyes will bring this makeup look together and add a touch of Christmasy feel to it.
9. The 90’s are back for sure and you know what that means, right? You can wear as much dark makeup as you want. Pair a dark lip with a dark warm smokey eye, put a choker on, and you’ll look like the coolest 90’s chick this Christmas.