Trends work in mysterious ways these days. It used to be that you had to see something on TV or a runway, or at least in a magazine, and then gradually it would make it’s way into the real world and become a trend. Now, however, it seems like all trends start online. And sometimes, it’s enough to just post a picture on Instagram to start a trend. That’s what happened with Stella Sironin, a makeup artist from Helsinki, Finland. One day she posted a picture of her eyebrow looking funky and captioned it with “so i’m starting this new brow trend please recreate it and wear it everyday and don’t forget to tag me like and subscribe and hit that bell button”. She thought it would be clear that it’s a joke, but her followers didn’t quite get her sense of humor and took it at face value. The internet went crazy recreating this “feather brow” look, and we thought you’d like to see the results.
1. Firstly here’s Stella’s original photo that started the trend.
2. Here’s one of the first interpretations of feather brows with some purple eyeshadow.
3. A more risky, and slightly gothic look, don’t you think?
4. Classy eyeliner and feather brows combo.
5. An everyday feather eyebrows look, fit for any occasion.
6. A more artsy interpretation. Gotta admit, love the color combinations in this look. Somehow it made feather brows look completely normal.
7. A bit of gold to spruce things up for a special occasion or a night out.
8. This option seems like a great look for cold winter months, or for the runway.
9. An edgy feather brow look. Is it just us, or is it starting to seem absolutely fine by now?
10. Stella, who accidentally started this trend posted another pic with feather brows and captioned it with:
“note to self: when u make a joke about starting a funny brow trend people will take it seriously and…. well. start the trend.
Anyways THANK YOU for all the love and hate on my last pic! I think we should call this #featherbrows so if you actually want to recreate this, pls use the hashtag and tag me in the picture”
11. And when this feather brows madness didn’t stop, Stella felt like she needed to clarify some things so she posted this photo and wrote this:
“ok so obviously this has gotten out of hand and it’s hilarious and amazing but I wanted to clarify some stuff:
1. I joked about starting a trend in the caption of my first pic not about the actual makeup
2. drag queens have used glue on their brows since forever so please don’t credit me for that lol
3. I know that brows are a sacred part of the face but consider this: there is lip art and eye art and tons of different forms of creative makeup, why is experimenting with brows so strange?”