Onions are known to have certain antibacterial and purifying properties. Onion juice helps kill germs. That’s why eating onion is advised if you’re sick. Would it work the same way when applied topically? Perhaps onions could kill germs topically, and aid in getting rid of some sort of feet fungi or infections.
According to this “lifehack” putting a cut up onions in your socks before going to sleep will help you kill bacteria and viruses, purify your blood and eliminate foot odor. Perhaps. But then you run into a new problem – smelling like an onion. Are you up for it?
Anyway, let’s find out about the healing qualities and health benefits of the onion.
1. As I’ve previously mentioned, onions can be used to make the skin on your feet become softer and get rid of cracks on your heels. All you need to do is blend an onion until it makes a paste (or simply finely chop it) and then apply it to your feet for an hour or two.
2. Onions purify blood, stimulate digestion and help the body get rid of excess water. Onions also contain quercetin, which can help fight cancer. Next time you have a headache, try sniffing some onions instead of taking pills. Many people swear by this natural method.
3. Onions can also be used for cosmetic purposes, specifically to get rid of spots. To get rid of freckles, wipe the affected area with an onion cut in half, every day.
4. Onions can help strengthen your hair and make it grow faster. The idea of putting onion juice in your hair might sound disgusting, but what wouldn’t you do to make your hair finally start growing? Don’t use it more than once a week, though.
5. Fresh onion juice increases sperm production in a man’s body. In ancient Egypt, the onion was considered to be the “poor man’s musk”. It was known as a very potent aphrodisiac. In fact, it was thought to be such a powerful aphrodisiac that in the Middle Ages onions were banned in monasteries, to prevent the monks from having any impure thoughts or carnal desires.
6. Onion juice is a natural antibiotic that can protect you against the common cold. It can kill viruses that cause colds, and strengthen your upper respiratory tract. Sniffing cut up onion wedges can help cure a common cold, but it also works great as a preventative measure during flu season. Onions are also full of vitamin C and can strengthen your immune system.
7. Surprisingly, onions also help with sprains. Just cut up an onion into small pieces and mix with sugar. Apply the mixture onto the area that you sprained and cover with a bandage. Change the mixture every day.
8. If you suffer from migraines, onions can help with that too. All you need to do is make a paste out of a fresh onion and apply it as a compress onto your forehead. You should start feeling better shortly.
Is it all true? Well, I guess you’d have to try it to find out.