1. Always moisturize your lips. Chapped and flaky dry lips can really kill a lipstick mood. To exfoliate your lips, after you brush your teeth with a whitening toothpaste, rinse your toothbrush with water and gently massage your lips to rub off dead skin.
2. Avoid bronze and gold tones in glosses, or lipsticks which can make teeth look yellow. Instead, go for a subtle shimmer of silver which invites a brighter smiles.
3. Opt for plum tones lipsticks instead of cooler tones which can reflect yellow on your teeth like that dreaded gold gloss. Instead, try for berry or blue undercurrents which counteracts that yellow.
4. Contour your mouth curve. Accentuate the shape to make lips look fuller which can emphasize whiteness. Highlighting pencils and concealers can both be used around the lip line to create this effect.
5. Add a gloss to bring some positive attention to those pearly whites. Adding a layer of gloss on top provides a look of hydration and youthfulness, providing the illusion of a brighter smile.
6. Don’t opt for a matte lipstick. They might be trendy but they make lips look dry and due to the lack of shine, don’t reflect any light off your teeth. Same goes for products with a frosted finish.
7. If you hate red lipstick, try for a fuchsia or raspberry color to keep on the cool color train and look perfectly feminine.
8. Don’t wear colors that are too light. Wearing a too-light shade won’t give your teeth a color to stand out against.
9. Women with darker skin tones will want to try a deep purple lipstick rather than brown – it sounds intense, but you’ll be getting compliments on your teeth all night long.
10. After you apply your lipstick, get a very soft veil of a rosy or taupe leaning bronze. Too much bronzer will enhance the Oompa Loompa effect while just enough can make your teeth sparkle better than before.