We’re used to Hollywood celebs shocking us with their red carpet dresses and unusual outfits, but Bollywood is not far behind. In fact, in some cases Bollywood actresses are far ahead in terms of their style. Yes, they follow world’s fashion trends, but they also incorporate some of their culture, style and character into their red carpet looks. The result is definitely mesmerising. Their red carpet looks are brave, unusual, unique and absolutely stunning. But don’t take our word for it, take a look at 9 most unforgettable bollywood red carpet looks.
1. Deepika Padukone at MTV EMA, 2016. This was definitely a brave choice, but we can’t help but think it looks a bit like that scandalous meme-inspiring dress Angelina Jolie wore. What do you think? Was this a good choice or did Deepika go too far?
2. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan at Cannes, 2014. Definitely a memorable look. Such a sparkly dress, not an easy look to pull off, but Aishwarya Rai looked very much in her element that evening. Posing like a pro and sending kisses to the audience and photographers
3. Esha Gupta at Elle Beauty Awards, 2015. Again, a red dress is a sure way to catch everyone’s attention. But this one was something else. Doesn’t she just look like a perfectly wrapped Christmas present?
4. Sonam Kapoor Fat The Filmfare Awards, 2015. When choosing to incorporate feathers into your look you always run a risk of looking a bit weird, but we think Sonam Kapoor actually managed to look chic.
5. Priyanka Chopra at the Oscars, 2016. A white see-through dress is a risky choice for any actress, so many things could go wrong. But Priyanka Chopra looked gorgeous, elegant and graceful.
6. Katrina Kaif at the GQ Fashion Night, 2015. This dress leaves little to imagination and definitely makes a statement. What do you think – too much exposed skin or just enough?
7. Puja Gupta at Cannes, 2013. Such an interesting choice. Modest in style, but almost ethereal in terms of color and material. Puja Gupta looked out of this world that night.
8. Kriti Sanon at the Sansui Stardust Awards, 2014. Business in the front, party at the back – this sparkly dress is a show stopper for sure.
9. Shruti Hassan Filmfare Awards South 2015. Semi sheer top, exposed midriff and a full sparkly skirt. Shruti Hassan definitely highlighted her best features in this outfit.