In a world where pop culture reigns supreme, it’s no surprise that celebrities often become synonymous with their most famous roles. From superheroes to princesses, iconic characters have become ingrained in our collective consciousness, and the actors who bring them to life become forever associated with those roles. It’s no wonder then that many celebrities pay homage to their beloved characters on the red carpet, using fashion as a way to honor the roles that made them famous. Today we’ll showcase 10 times celebrities paid homage to their famous roles on the red carpet.
1. Timothee Chalamet – Bones and All
That sparkly Vivienne Westwood choker of silver “bones” encrusted with diamonds.
2. Pamela Anderson – Baywatch
Red still looks amazing on her, be it the iconic swimsuit or a long form fitting dress.
3. Carrie-Anne Moss – The Matrix Resurrections
Subtle but you can’t miss the matrix pattern.
4. Chadwick Boseman and Letitia Wright – Black Panther
5. Ana de Armas – Blonde
It’s not quite the same silhouette but we all got the reference.
6. Cara Delevingne – Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
Same pattern, different color, but the red carpet dress wouldn’t look out of place in the movie at all.
7. Blake Lively – A Simple Favor
Suit up, ladies, it looks cool as hell.
8. Sarah Jessica Parker – Sex and the City
We love that SJP embraces the tutu, after all she made it iconic.
9. Jenna Ortega and Christina Ricci – Wednesday
Dark, moody, deadly – we can’t get enough of Wednesday.