No matter what, breakfast remains the most important meal of the day. Whether you don’t have much time or simply don’t want to spend eternity cooking something tasty in the morning—quick and easy alternatives are a must. Keep in mind that a healthy first meal speeds up your metabolism for the day ahead and keeps you from overeating later on. Who says breakfast has to be complicated and time-consuming? When it comes to breakfast, there is no limit to imagination. These breakfast options are endless, easy to make and tasty as well.
Baked Eggs in Avocado
This recipe requires only a few ingredients and almost no prep time, ideal for those who are always in a rush in the morning. So if you are fed up with scrambled eggs, you have but one choice to try this Eggocado recipe.
2 ripe avocados
any condiments or spices you like on top
– Preheat your oven
– Blend white and yolk with a fork
– Cut the avocados in half and de-pit them. Slice each of them a bit from the back so they lay flat. Scoop out a little flash from the center of the avocado if needed
– Place the avocado halves in a baking dish
– Pour ¼ of your eggs into each avocado half
– Add any spices or condiments of your choice
– Place the dish in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes
– Remove from the oven, enjoy your dish and send me thank-you notes
French Toast with Strawberries and Nutella
French toast with chocolate is obviously a major win especially when the topping is strawberry. Yummy! The recipe is easy as ABC:
– Mix 1 cup of sliced strawberries with sugar in a bowl
– Cut a pocket into each slice of toast bread and fill it with 2-3 spoons of Nutella.
– Blend 1 egg and ¾ cup of milk with a fork, add the flour, salt and cinnamon and whisk till smooth.
– Plunge each slice into the egg mixture one by one and transfer to a plate.
– Heat a large skillet and add 1 tablespoon of butter
– Cook toasts for 2-3 minutes until they turn light golden brown, flip them and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
– Transfer to a plate and top with strawberries.
Voila, you made it.
Pancakes with Blueberries
This recipe is so simple and quick even a kid can nail it. Prepare just 1 cup and a few ingredients. Here’s what you have to do:
– Crack 1 egg into a mixing bowl
– Add 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of milk and a pinch of salt
– Blend the ingredients until you have a smooth batter.
– Add the blueberries
– Preheat the frying pan, and add ½ tablespoon of oil
– Add a few spoons of batter to the pan, each will make 1 pancake
– Cook the pancakes until they turn golden for 1-2 minutes and flip them over
– Transfer to a plate when ready
– Serve the pancakes with yogurt and extra berries on top
Sandwich with Bacon and Egg
The eggs for breakfast do some serious work, like keeping you full until lunch and even boosting your brain power. Imagine adding an egg in your breakfast sandwich. Don’t even bother salting your sunny side up as the bacon and cheddar cheese combo will provide quite salty taste.
Tuna Avocado Egg Salad
Hard-boiled eggs can’t be replaced in the morning; they are healthy, tasty and quick. All you have to do is to mix avocado, tuna and a hard-boiled egg. Ta-da, enjoy your healthy and rich in protein & omega 3s quick breakfast.
Peanut Butter Waffle
A healthy option to boost the protein and fiber. Just 2 tablespoons of peanut butter on waffle with raisins, sesame seeds or extra peanuts make a perfect, delicious, yet quick breakfast.
A bowl of bran-flakes with milk is a great breakfast decision for busy mornings. You can increase vitamins and fiber by adding your fave nuts and dried fruits. Replace milk with yogurt and make your breakfast portable by putting it in to-go container.
Cottage Cheese with Pineapple
This recipe won’t let you down the whole year round. By the way, it’ll work perfectly with a great deal of seasonal fruits. You can try strawberries, blueberries, peaches, kiwis, bananas or apples instead of the pineapple. Honey and walnuts won’t spoil the dish if you have some in store.
Can you think of something easier than making waffles? I can’t. It’ll be slightly impossible only if you don’t have a waffle iron Anyway, for those of you who like sleeping in, I suggest mixing the dry ingredients the night before.
Here’s what you gonna need:
¾ cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup melted butter or oil
¾ cups milk
– Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
– Bear wet ingredients in a separate bowl
– Add milk mixture to dry mixture and stir with a fork until moistened
– Preheat waffle iron and pour batter in it
– Wait till the signal your delicious waffles are ready
– Top waffles with berries, jam, syrup, chocolate, ice-cream or whatever you can find in your kitchen.
It only takes 5 minutes to cook cereal, you just have to add some nuts, raisins or even fruits when it’s ready. (Bananas, apples or peaches taste exceptionally well.) Rest assured you’ll feel full until lunchtime.
And last but not least recipe to save your morning – layer parfait, granola, yogurt and chopped nuts in a glass. That’s it! By and large, combinations to this ridiculously simple breakfast are endless, just use your imagination and check out our articles for more recipes and cool ideas.