Oh my! Can it be a Paris Hiltonish stab at fame? Here we have yesterday’s graduate from Yale, A woman whose film credit total exact ONE movie, was on the cover of N.Y. Mag plus Dazed & Confused. Then bingo! She was a shinning success modeling a spring-summer collection of Miu Miu and then she becomes the fav of Anna Wintour but yet was somehow unnoticed in the front row of NY Fashion Week?
Over the past six months, the girl didn’t miss a single social event. We’ve all seen her at every possible cinematic awards – from the “Golden Globes” to BAFTA. Paps caught the irresistible Lupita at the lounge in honor of Tilda Swinton’s Birthday in MoMA , DuJour Magazine and InStyle Magazine were glad to see Lupita at their parties, and then an LA meeting with Dalai Lama couldn’t came off without Lupita. Talk about power meetings!
“Best Look Of The Week”, “Most Stylish Actress”, “Best Look Battle” seems like these ratings were invented especially for her. And if you can’t name at least three of Lupita’s latest costumes, you must be living in complete informational isolation.
Seems we know everything about this unique celebrity but do we really? Let’s take a closer look at this darling of the runway and budding film star.
1. Lupita grew up in Kenya, although she was born in Mexico. She was just a year old when she left Mexico with her parents but celebratedreturning there at the age of 16. Being in Mexico Lupita studied Spanish and made the first steps in her promising career.
2. Lupita has became the main muse inspiring the new campaign of Miu Miu. Along with her on the promo photo shoot of the spring-summer collection the event was attended by El Fanning, Elizabeth Olsen and Bella Heathcote.
3. Lupita is an independent movie-maker. In 2009, she became a writer, director and producer of the documentary about the social-cultural issues of Kenyan albinos’. This is a full-length movie about the life of eight Kenyans, who due to lack of dark pigmentation become social outcasts.
4. This year Nyong’o scored her long expected Best Supporting Actress award in 12 Years a Slave. She has gracefully got on the stage and made everyone cry with her tremendous Oscar speech. There were a huge amount of oh-so-special words that even usually laid-back Hollywood-types were all moist-eyed. ‘It doesn’t escape me for one moment that so much joy in my life is due to so much pain in someone else’s’ said she and the hall exploded with applause.
5. As a role model Lupita has chosen the legenary diva Whoopi Goldberg.
“I really look like Whoopi. We have the same hair and we both are black. When I was growing up, I didn’t haven’t enough TV role models to follow, because Kenya relied mainly on American made TV shows which are not heavily populated with blacks” , confessed Lupita
7. Lupita’s family is fairly well known. Nyong’o father is a very famous politician in Kenya, and her cousin, Isis Nyong’o Madison is a leading person in in the public relations and advertising profession for the main Kenyan mobile operator.
10. At the beginning of March we’ll see Lupita in the new movie by French director Jaume Serra Kolet called “Air Marshal”. In this thriller Nyong’o stars with Liam Neeson, Julianne Moore and Michelle Dockery.