Remember all those adorable child actors you had a crush on when you were a kid? Do you ever wonder where they are and what do they look like? Are they still acting or have they decided to do something completely different with their life? I know I do. Especially when I see an actor who reminds me of someone and I can’t quite place him in my memory, then after Googling him find out it’s that kid from that movie I loved. After that I usually go on an hour long Googling journey to find out what all my other childhood crushes look like. Luckily for you, I’ve already done that today and compiled a list for you, so you don’t have to spend ages searching for it yourself.
1.Rider StrongWe remember this cute little boy from Boy Meets World, but look at him now. Time flies by and suddenly you realize your childhood crush is now a grown man with a wife and and a child of his own. He’s now not just an actor, but also a producer, director and screenwriter. At 35 he still looks good, right? It’s just a bit of a shock, realizing that the boy from “Boy Meets World” is a dad now.
2. Macaulay СulkinWe all loved him in “Home Alone” and “Home Alone 2”. How could you not? Such a cute little blonde angel who keeps being left behind for the holidays. All the iconic traps he set up for the burglars, all the funny ways he kept himself entertained. We literally had no choice but to like him. Macaulay has had quite a rocky couple of years since “Home Alone”. He got married at quite a young age of 18, then got divorced, had some run ins with drugs, was involved in Michael Jackson’s trial, started a comedy band named Underground Pizza, and had dated Mila Kunis. Now at 35 he seems to have settled in and seems to be in quite a lovely relationship with former “All My Children” actress Jordan Lane Price.
3. Haley Joel OsmentYou might remember this cute little child from Sixth Sense. Starring alongside Bruce Willis at such a young age is a big deal, such a big deal, in fact, that he was nominated for an Oscar for Best Supporting Role. He didn’t win, but he became the second youngest actor to be nominated. Haley Joel also had a minor role in Forrest Gump and he starred in A.I.- Artificial Intelligence. Since then he’s had other roles and lent his voice to a couple of video-games.
4. Sean O’NeilRemember the show “Clarissa Explains It All”? Yeah, well Sean O’Neil played Sam on that show. He was a teenager when he worked on the show, but where is he now? To be honest, I have no idea. He seems to have fallen of the face of the world. Well, perhaps not the world, but he clearly disappeared of the map of Hollywood. All we know is that he did some voice work on a couple of anime shows, but that’s pretty much it. His Wikipedia page is ridiculously small, but we do know that he’s 39 now and there’s very few recent images of him online.
5. Alfred EnochAlfie is famous for his role of Dean Thomas in the Harry Potter movies. He also voiced his character in the Harry Potter games. Since the Harry Potter movie era ended (we’re still all sad about it), he scored quite a few parts in London theaters. He also appeared in a Sherlock episode in season 3, called “The Sign of Three”. He played the Bainbridge, the Bloody Guardsman. Alfred is currently working on the ABC’s drama series “How To Get Away With Murder”. At the age of 26, he looks like quite a dashing young man. Still crush-worthy, am I right?
6. Leonardo DiCaprioYou never really have to wonder what Leonardo DiCaprio looks like these days. He’s still fine and famous. It is, however, curious to see him grow up on screen and change. A lot of people loved him in Titanic and Romeo and Juliet. It looked like he could’ve easily gone down the blonde, blue-eyed, heart-throb Hollywood typecasting path, but he didn’t and boy, aren’t we glad about that. He turned out to be quite an interesting character. He’s still up for grabs, ladies, but he seems to be exclusively into models.
7. Daniel RadcliffeDaniel Radcliffe, Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived – all these are kind of synonymous to me. I know, I know, he’s had other roles since then, but for me and my generation, people who grew up with Harry Potter, he will always be Harry Potter. We really watched him grow up with the movies and we grew up with him. It’s worth mentioning that since then he starred in a lot of movies and plays and proved himself to be a great actor, capable of taking on any character.
8. Edward FurlongYou probably know him best as that kid from the second Terminator movie. He starred in a couple of other movies here and there, but his fame kind of wilted after the 90’s. Life hasn’t been great for him. At the age of 15 he started dating his tutor, Jacqueline Domac, who was 29 at the time. That relationship lasted for years and she was his manager for a while. When they finally split up she sued him and demanded 15% of his earnings. He married Rachael Bella in 2006 and had a son. However the marriage didn’t last and he got divorced. He’s also been battling drug and alcohol addiction for quite a while now. Not, so crush-worthy anymore, is he?