Since the beginning of time, girls and fashion went hand in hand. Girls love dressing up and trying new styles, and why not? There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Spending our last money on a new pair of shoes is a necessity, thank you very much. Some styles that ladies experiment with end up working – but some don’t, we’ll admit it. But hey, at least there’s effort involved! In the past few years, there seemed to be a lot of styles that didn’t work for all the ladies, and guys noticed. So, here are a few styles your man probably hates.
1. Oversized sweaters are a gem! You know it, we know it – everybody knows it! It gives you so much freedom of movement and the coziness that simply can’t be replicated. However, it makes you look 10 sizes bigger than you actually are. Why don’t guys love them? Simple: they can’t see your beautiful body under all of that material! This year, maybe it is time to settle for something more form-fitting.
2. Peplum shirts and dresses drive guys insane (and not in the way you want them to be). It is time to admit it: although peplums are cute and funky, they do make you look like you are hiding a pregnancy belly under those flops. Do you really want your man to think you are hiding a big secret? Settle for a simple well-fitted t-shirt and thank us later.
3. Wedge sneakers are comfy and look amazing when paired with shorts or ripped jeans. But girl, those look like you stole them from your man. If you are on the market for a good handsome guy to keep you company, you might want to reconsider those bulky sneakers – try some cute flats instead!
4. Bandeau bikinis rose to become a fashion staple at some point and girls all over the world can’t get enough. Yes, they do give you freedom of movement and no tan lines (yay!). However, guys can’t stand them! We admit, they make your shoulders look like you are the captain of a men’s swimming team and don’t support our feminine wiles like a bikini top does. This one will be a hard one to give up!
5. Sky-high heels and our addiction to them has been the punchline of so many jokes. Yes, ladies, guys want you to be comfortable! When you wobble in on your first date wearing super high (but so kickass) shoes – it sends a negative signal. Let us take it down a notch in 2017.
6. Drop-crotch pants give ladies room to move around and pretty much be invincible but are a big turn off for the guys. They are just way too baggy, ladies! The balloon-shaped figure that these pants give women is not considered sexy in the slightest.
7. Uggs are vital when it gets cold and all you want to do is warm up those feet in some toasty boots. Hate to break it to you, but guys hate these as well. Yes, yes – comfort is important, but throw away your Uggs and your man will be much happier!
8. High-waisted shorts is the next thing on our list. Seriously ladies, guys hate those so damn much – it is surprising how they don’t just hide all your high-waisted shorts and then donate them to charity. Interestingly enough, men are totally ok with your love handles, but not the shorts! Crazy, right?
9. Rompers look so cute in the spring, but it is time to part ways with this beloved article of clothing. A lot of men believe that rompers make ladies look like babies. We know that in reality they just don’t know how good a romper feels!
10. Ruffles are a culprit on many of our clothing articles – Yes, your man most likely hates it. Ruffles confuse some of them and also make them think we look like kids. If they only knew how much those ruffles helped shape our body! Maybe next year?