In movies Disney princesses usually wear the same shoes all the time. They’re lucky if they get 2 pairs, like Cinderella, but in most cases we don’t see them choosing shoes. Have you ever wondered what kind of shoes Disney princesses would wear in real life? Would they have a favourite kind of shoes? Would they shop for comfy trainers on a daily basis or would they prefer designer shoes? If so, which designer shoes would suit them best?
Griz and Norm Lemay, feature animation artists at Walt Disney Animation Studio, gave this topic quite a bit of thought. As it states in their Instagram bio, Griz is a visual development artist & character designer. Norm is a storyboard artist. They took into consideration every princess’ personality and tried to imagine what shoe designers would each princess shop at the most. This is what they came up with.
1. Rapunzel in @jimmychoo HOOPS.
2. Tinkerbell in @louboutinworld pluminette super fluffy poms
7. Aurora in @manoloblahnikhq
12. Drizella Tremaine in another @sophiawebster inspired design.
13. Stepmother Lady Tremaine in @chanelofficial inspired design
14. The Evil Queen Grimhilde in a @worldmcqueen inspired design, featuring the McQueen skull with pattern and gemstone from her peacock throne.
17. The fabulous Yzma in @louboutinworld
22. Megara shoes with golden embellished Pegasus wings. Another @sophiawebster inspired design
27. Merida in @worldmcqueen inspired booties.
30. Shoes fit for a queen. Elsa in @louboutinworld