The only thing that absolutely every woman needs more than a staple LBD in her closet is a reliable bag. It’s hard to find a bag that excels in quality, and is jaw-dropping style statement that speaks to us. So we found the hottest, most dynamic bags of 2018 to take your pick from. If some of these gorgeous pieces are out of your price range, we doubt it will be difficult to find a comparable knockoff that will make your heart and wallet sing.
1. This blush-colored leather Kate Spade beauty complete with a tassel is the satchel that you’re missing from your closet. This day to night transition bag is called the Alena, and for those of you obsessed with neutrals and feminine palettes, it’s hard not to add this versatile and elegant piece to your shopping cart.
2. For those of you that prefer a more casual look and a classic leather neutral, this mini pocket leather drawstring tote by Madewell will meet all your needs. It’s available in 3 neutrals and black, and is the perfect drawstring-cinched tote to throw all your on-the-go essentials in.
3. Linen is an iffy choice for bags, but Michael Kors incorporated it in a stunningly polished yet understated way for his medium Bancroft linen satchel. This look pairs with almost any color, and the structured top handle adds a modern look and more texture to the bag, complete with Italian trim.
4. Chloe is always our fantasy brand that we’re saving up all our paycheques for, and this Pixie suede and textured leather shoulder bag is no exception. It’s a deep green that’s so luscious it can be worn year round, but this piece is available in a wide range of colors. The mini golden handle to convert this look into a clutch is super chic.
5. Ok, totes and satchels aren’t everyone’s thing, so for those of you that want to rock a more functional backpack without the shoulder pain, this Christian Louboutin piece is for you. It’s still supremely classy and timeless, with the classic red undertone incorporated cheekily in the straps.
6. We adore this embossed leather satchel complete with accordion interior. It remains in a neutral palette but has a breathtaking texture that ups the complexity of this bad ten-fold. The finished look is a sleek, uptown city bag for a boss lady, but we prefer the bold blue look, as it makes more of a statement.
7. Tory Burch is known for often preppy designs, but this sumptuous denim bag throws us back to Justin and Britney circa the early 2000’s. By adding diamond quilting and the right amount of distressing, this eclectic bag elevates itself from an everyday material to an innovative and vibrant crossbody look.
8. Topshop always has a reliable variety of bags if the designer price point just isn’t cutting it for you. This effortless crossbody embellished with gold is great for a short day outing, or a Friday night date. We suggest opting for the yellow tone over black since summer is coming soon – it’ll look airy and stylish paired with a floral sundress.
9. Rebecca Minkoff always has our heart with her designs, but we started this list with a pink bag, so we need to finish with one! This pink is a little more of a bubblegum pop, and if it’s too girly for you, they also offer it in a classic leather “almond” tone. Circle bags are big this year and this nubuck one is well-stitched simplicity at its finest.