Some of us are more inclined towards saltier bites, while others have more of a sweet tooth. But who says you can’t have the best of both worlds with these surprising combinations of sweet and savory treats. Your tastebuds will explode with delight.
1. Potato Chip S’moresGreatest culinary concoction ever? Perhaps. Better than any chip dip ever created, this mini sandwich combines the light and crispy potato chip crunch with decadent marshmallow and chocolate.
2. Nutella BLTAs if A BLT wasn’t enticing enough, adding nutella to it makes it so much more dynamic. The crunch of the lettuce and the salty bacon blend beautifully with the creamy and rich chocolate spread.
3. Watermelon & FetaThis bright dish doesn’t have to just be for summer- it’s the perfect party appetizer which is light, combining a tangy burst of sheep milk cheese with the delicately sweet and cool watermelon. Add basil for a tasty garnish.
4. Salted Peanut Butter Hot ChocolateThis creamy beverage is sure to be a staple this winter, and will keep you cozy. Sometimes hot chocolate can be a little too sweet, but with a salty kick of peanut butter, you’ll be asking for a second cup.
5. Ice Cream Potato Chip SundaeIce cream and potato chips is the best combination of all time. Throw some rocky road flavor or another favorite flavor, and throw in some potato chips or other salty snacks, drizzled with syrup. Mmm junk food heaven.
6. Dr. Pepper With PeanutsSuper bizarre snack, but unbelievably delicious. The soda soaked peanuts at the bottom are chewy and gloriously flavored. Apparently this has been a tradition in Texas for years. No need for a recipe – you only need these two bad boys.
7. Banana & Peanut Butter & Bacon SandwichThis is notoriously known as the Elvis sandwich, since he used to love this combination. Jazz up your standard PB&J with some bacon for a snack that’s way tastier than the dull lunchbox version.
8. Bacon Pineapple BitesThese skewers are easy to make, and you probably have the ingredients sitting in your kitchen right now. Crispy bacon and succulent pineapple tastes like Hawaiian pizza on a stick.
9. Doughnut BurgerThis might give you a triple heart attack, but it could be worth it. The contents of a burger, stuffed in a Krispy Crème donut? Every drunk person’s wildest fantasy.
10. Savory MacaronsA little bit more of a high-end DIY snack. Take apart a normal macaron and fill it with savory contents, like a salty olive tapenade, or try with smoked salmon and cream cheese!
11. Caramel Popcorn and Pretzel BarsThese chewy bars are like granola bars on crack. The chewy caramel that holds the popcorn and pretzels together makes for a new twist on kettle corn that’s simply irresistible.
12. Prosciutto Wrapped Melon This is actually a pretty popular snack in Italy – the delicate nature of the prosciutto with the softly sweet melon makes for an elegant starter dish at a dinner party.
13. Blue Cheese And Grapefruit BruschettaBrings a whole new meaning to fruit and cheese platter. The grapefruit is a surprising sweet-sour explosion, while the blue cheese has way more depth than your standard cheddar. Put it on a crostini for a scrumptious snack.
14. Sweet And Salty Frito CasseroleBasically the equivalent of sweet nachos. With drizzled peanut butter and chocolate, breaking off pieces of hot and gooey Fritos is the best late-night snack that you can throw together with random stuff in your fridge.
15. Pretzel Ice Cream SandwichesThe easiest sweet and salty treat ever – just smash some ice cream between little square pretzels, enjoying a salty crunch with your ice cream. Freeze them ahead of time for a delectable frozen snack.