3. White Wine-Marinated Turkey with Ginger and Thyme
1 (14 pounds) turkey
3 gloves of garlic
1 tbsp black pepper peas
1 tbsp thyme
1 tbsp ginger
2 tbsp salt
2 cups lemon juice
1 cup dry white wine
1. Remove giblets from turkey and carefully rinse it. Make a few shallows into the turkey so it will be marinated thoroughly.
2. In a large pot mix the cut garlic, black pepper, thyme, ginger, salt, lemon juice and wine. Put the turkey into the pot with marinade and leave in the fringe for the night.
3. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Bake for about 5 hours, basting the bird every 30-40 minutes with pan juices. Shield turkey with the foil to prevent excessive browning in spots, if necessary.
4. Remove from oven. Cool it completely.
While serving the turkey you can decorate it with small pumpkins, fresh green or baked apples.