Smoothies aren’t just a summer drink. Just cause the beach season is over, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try to eat healthy. If anything, autumn is a great time to pack in as many vitamins as possible in preparation for winter. Here’s a selection of delicious fall smoothies that will keep you healthy and satisfy your hearty fall food cravings.
1. Pumpkin Spice SmoothiePumpkin spice latte is the most anticipated drink every autumn, but it’s full of unwanted calories, there’s nothing healthy about it and you’re at risk of sounding “basic” when ordering it. What if I told you there’s a healthy and delicious alternative? Have you tried a pumpkin spice smoothie? All you need is some pumpkin puree, a banana, a cup of almond milk and some autumn spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. Add some maple syrup for sweetness, blend it all until smooth and enjoy your delicious pumpkin spice smoothie.
2. Apple Pie Chia SmoothieIf you’re craving some apple pie, but wish you could enjoy it without worrying about the calories this recipe is just what you need. Grab an apple and a cup of almond milk, put it in a blender, add 2 teaspoons of chia seeds and 1 teaspoon of maple syrup, blend until smooth. Add half a teaspoon of vanilla extract and half a teaspoon of cinnamon and blend some more. You can add a pinch of nutmeg and salt to add even more flavor to it.
3. Pumpkin & Apple Breakfast SmoothieIf you like both apple pie and pumpkin pie – you will love this smoothie. The best thing about it is that it’s healthy and filling and is perfect for breakfast. Yes, you’re basically having pie for breakfast and it’s healthy! You will need some old fashioned oats, pumpkin puree, a small apple, a banana and pumpkin pie spices. Depending on how thick you want your smoothie to be you can use both almond milk and a bit of Greek yogurt as a base or just use almond milk. Add some ice and blend until smooth.
4. Pecan Pie SmoothiePecan pie is another fall favorite for many. However if you want to enjoy the taste but skip the calorie count you can replace it with this delicious and healthy fall smoothie. You will need cashew milk, half a banana, some oats, a few toasted pecans and 2 dates. Add a dash of vanilla extract if you have a sweet tooth and blend until smooth.
5. Oatmeal Cookie SmoothieHere’s another healthy alternative for a dessert. Oatmeal cookies are already healthier than other cookies, but there’s a way to make them super healthy. In order to make this smoothie you’ll need: almond of coconut milk, a frozen banana, some oats, cocoa powder, agave nectar, chia seeds and flax meal. Add a pinch of salt, some cinnamon and vanilla extract and blend away. You’ll be surprised at how delicious this healthy fall smoothie is.
6. Baked Sweet Potato Pie SmoothieI know this sounds very strange. Why would you put sweet potato in a smoothie? Try this smoothie once and you’ll understand. You’ll need baked sweet potato, a frozen banana, some oats, toasted pecans, cinnamon, almond milk and maple syrup to sweeten it up even more. Blend all the ingredients until smooth. This smoothie is very rich and thick. You might need a big straw or just eat it with a teaspoon. Either way it’s yummy.
7. Blueberry Pomegranate SmoothieAfter all these hearty smoothie recipes you might be craving something fresher and lighter. Or maybe you haven’t quite given up on summer and want some berry smoothies. Well, I’ve got just the recipe for you. All you need is a frozen banana, some Greek yogurt, blueberries and pomegranate juice. Blend this all together with some agave nectar for extra sweetness and a couple of ice cubes. Enjoy your healthy berry smoothie full of vitamins and antioxidants.
8. Pomegranate Orange SmoothieThis one is extremely easy. It has only 2 ingredients. Take seeds of 4 pomegranates and some freshly squeezed orange juice, put both ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. This smoothie is super light and delicious. It’s also full of vitamin C, which we all need in the fall, when everyone is at risk of getting sick. Start your day off with this awesome smoothie and stay healthy!
9.Apple, Carrot and Plum Smoothie
As you know, an apple a day, keeps the doctor away. While just one apple a day is good, a mix of fruits and veggie is better. To make this delicious and healthy fall smoothie you’ll need apples, carrots, plums, orange juice and some flax seeds for an added boost of nutrients. Put everything in a blender and mix until smooth. Voila, your delicious and healthy smoothie is ready!