You know that it is extremely important to stay hydrated during summer days. In summer, we sweat a lot and lose much more water, so drinking more than you usually do is a must. But 2-2,5 liters of water per day is a great challenge for most of us. As for me, I often feel tired and exhausted during the hottest periods of summer and try to perk myself up with a few cups of coffee. But actually, this is rather bad idea. There are more delicious and beneficial ways to meet your daily fluid needs. Forget about all the energy drinks with artificial sweeteners and let’s learn some interesting recipes on 100% natural vitamin boosting summer drinks!
1. Lemon mint vitamin water. We will start with the easiest one. This drink is rich in vitamins (especially, vitamin C) and anti-oxidants; it helps to support a great performance during the day, boosts the mood perfectly and speeds up weight loss. To make it taste really good, mix juice of 1 lemon, 1 glass of pure water, some raspberries or lime slices (optional). Also, you can squeeze lime into your drink. Then add mint leaves.
2. Another refreshing and super healthy drink with lemon – lemon/cucumber vitamin water. To make 1 pitcher of this drink, mix 9-10 cups of pure water with 1 sliced cucumber and 1 lemon, add about ¼ cup chopped basil leaf and fresh mint leaves. As an option, you can add 1 tsp grated ginger. Leave the pitcher overnight in the fridge.
3. Kale and banana drink. Make a thin smoothie using one of the healthiest veggies ever. Kale is a cabbage-like cultivated plant that is full of iron and other minerals. Blend 3-4 bananas with 2,5 cups of water, 1 bunch of kale and 1 cup ice. Enjoy your energy booster!
4. Blackberry-sage water. Blackberries are delicious, low-calorie berries that are well-packed with vitamins, anti-oxidants and minerals. Sage is also a low-calorie plant that is a great source for anti-oxidants. It prevents damage of body cells and improves the immune system. Take 4-5 fresh sage leaves, mix them with 1cup blackberries (mash them slightly) and 10 cups of water. Stir the ingredients and leave your drink overnight in the fridge.
5. Watermelon cooler. Summer just can’t exist without watermelons! This fruit is rich in vitamin A that is important for growth and development, maintenance of your immune system and vision. Other ingredients of this cooler are rich in vitamin C. The recipe is really simple: take 2 cups watermelon, 1 peeled pineapple, 1 peeled orange, and half of peeled lime. Mix all the ingredients in a blender. Cool your drink in the fridge.
6. Go green! This is a more “hardcore” energy and vitamin booster that you’ll surely love. It provides your body with vitamin C, magnesium, folate and Vitamin B6. To make this wonderful drink blend 1 cup kale, 1 cup spinach, 1,5-2 tablespoons parsley, 1 cucumber, a few lemon slices and 1 cup green grapes. Add a few ice cubes (optional).
7. Citrus vitamin water. Take a refreshing sip of this extremely delicious and healthy drink. You can use a variety of citrus products here. Prepare 9 cups of pure water. Slice 1 lemon, 1 lime, 1 orange, 1 grapefruit. Chop some mint and basil (optional), you can add different herbs if you want. Put all the ingredients and water to the jar, stir the drink a bit and leave it overnight in the refrigerator.