While coming back to your own bed after a trip is sometimes the most comforting thing there is, we all get a little bored with our domestic habitats, sometimes. We dream of more untamed architectures, of wild views – of a place where guests come over and ooh and ahh at everything. Sometimes those fantasies are a little abstract, so we made them easier by compiling a list of the coolest rooms to ever exist, and they’ll absolutely stun you.
1. When we think of a garden, we think of a homely little cottage, or some housewife’s neurotic compulsion. Instead, this is a magnificently modern take that juts out in a glass surrounded greenhouse of sorts, while you can dine in a minimal, exposed brick aesthetic below. All the Pinterest dreams coming true.
2. There’s nothing more raw and fulfilling than being directly connected to nature as you sleep. These lovely geometric windows make the rainforest closer than ever, right next to your bedside. Nature’s beautiful simplicity at its finest.
3. Even those without space can live a fancy life. This gravity-defying office is so minimal yet efficient, every home office should be modeled after it! The floating chairs and lofty view let you simulate that high-up office feeling any time.
4. This spacious dwelling has the most creative reading nook we’ve ever seen. You can live like Spiderman if you have this mesh take on a hammock. Why chill on the ground when the ceiling is so much more exciting?
5. Complete with adorable pup and all, this rustic getaway is simple but chic. We love the mini stack of logs and that old school fireplace – it’s still elevated and elegant, but remains rustic, and doesn’t try too hard. Endless country house inspiration.
6. This looks like a firehouse that was transformed into an artsy resort. Talk about a majestic entrance – anyone walking down that staircase will feel like Cinderella. But be sure not to lose a heel, because a tumble down these babies does not sound too glamorous.
7. Wow. The simple interior becomes so much more complex as you notice that part of the window frame has built in lounge chairs where you can stare into your bae’s eyes over a fireplace, and soak in this view that literally looks like a portrait. Hard to find something more romantic, or zen.
8. This washroom will make you feel like you just landed in a desert oasis – that has an awesome high-pressure shower-head. The way this room is laid out is super interesting – the floor is literally made of cave formations. The wood against stone aesthetic makes for a primitive look that we adore – but this room is anything but prehistoric.
9. Anyone who has fantasies about kitchen islands is about to have a heart attack – three, free-standing kitchen counters, artfully placed in what results an orgasmic culinary center that we’re pretty sure even Julia Child would be excited to call home. From the branch detail to the wine racks and wood camouflaged fridge, this kitchen will be on any domestic goddess’s wishlist.
10. Blibliophiles will love this confusingly geometric and angular house. The modern design mixed with the lush and verdant surroundings make for a wild aesthetic, especially with the minimal kitchen. Looks like a very chic lumbersexual from Brooklyn moved into the woods and made a little home for himself.
11. A producer’s dream recording room – hope you like wood though. This isn’t for those who like a sleek, all-white aesthetic – it’s so much cooler! The 3D aesthetic of the wood looks super funky, and we bet it makes for some insane acoustics. And the unusual contrast between technology and nature is fascinating.
12. #richpeoplegoals, seriously. If we’re investing anything in our retirement at this point, it better be going towards this house, because I just nearly fainted. So incredibly chic, and some phenomenal sky porn that combined with that fireplace, we’d probably choose to sleep on the couch every night.