Christmas is almost upon us and with that in mind we thought it was about time to take a look at some truly gorgeous Christmas trees. Decorating a Christmas tree is a long-standing tradition for many people. Weather you do it with your friends or your family, whether you get a real Christmas tree or a fake one, it’s always a special time. It doesn’t really matter if you use the newest, fanciest christmas tree decorations, or the old, cherished ones, that have been in your family for generations. Either way it feels unique and special every single time. It’s like bringing a little bit of Christmas magic into your home. So if you’re looking for a bit of inspiration or even if you’ve already put up your Christmas tree, we think you’ll enjoy seeing 10 of the world’s most beautiful and original Christmas trees.
1. Galeries Lafayette in Paris always put a lot of effort into their Christmas tree decorations. Their Christmas trees surprise, amuse and even shock people every year. One time they even had an upside down Christmas tree hanging from the ceiling.
2. There was also that time they decorated a Christmas tree with Swarowsky crystals. We’d like to say that it was ridiculously expensive but wait til you see the next one.
3. The Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi decked out their Christmas tree to the max. It’s decorated with baubles and bows made of actual silver and gold. It also has tons of jewelry on it, and when we say jewelry we mean hella expensive jewelry with pearls, diamonds, sapphires and other precious stones. The over cost of that Christmas tree was $11 million.
4. The New York Rockefeller Center tree is a classic. They don’t need to think of new Christmas decorations and reinvent it every year, because thanks to the magic of movies whenever we see this particular Christmas tree we get a warm fuzzy feeling inside and immediately want to watch Home Alone and Home Alone 2 over and over again.
5. It might be the middle of summer in Australia, but that doesn’t stop them from getting into the Chrismas spirit. And they’re being creative with it too. This amazing Lego Christmas tree was built using more than half a million lego bricks.
6. This minimalist but very impressive Christmas tree resides in Byblos, Lebanon. It’s 35 meters high and while it’s not an actual tree, and is probably made of metal, it definitely looks grand and magical with all of it’s shiny gleaming metal and the twinkling lights.
7. This unusual Christmas tree stands in the middle of Cathedral square in Vilnius, Lithuania. Doesn’t it look magical? It reminds us of something out of Lord of The Rings or the Hobbit. Or perhaps it’s a Christmas tree house for elfs? Whichever way you go it’s freaking adorable.
8. While in most places people love going over the top with their Christmas tree decorations, in Beirut they decided to be different. Instead of baubles, bows, candles and colorful Christmas decorations they chose to make a statement with a simple but elegant Christmas tree constructed from gold colored iron leaves.
9. Rio has one of the biggest Christmas trees in the world. It’s 82 meters tall and it floats in the middle of the lake. That’s right, it’s a floating Christmas tree. It never fails to impress people. Every year they build a floating platform on which they construct the tree and then decorate it according to whichever theme they’ve chosen that year.
10. This Christmas tree in St. Pancras station, London is every kids dream. It took more than 2000 toys to construct this Disney themed tree, but it was definitely worth it. It was a magical sight that made both kids and adults equally happy.