Sometimes, when you’re stressed out in life, it can feel like a grey cloud is following you wherever you go. Manifested in social situations, that grey cloud is negative energy, impacting you and the people around you. Sometimes, we can be totally unaware that we’re giving off this negative energy, which makes it hard to stop perpetuating the cycle. Here are some signs that you might be exuding these vibes, so you can take action to stop them!
1. You only see the negative in others, and think that everyone has a problem. If you have an issue with everyone, you might be the issue!
2. You bond with people over talking smack. You only find joy in whining or being cynical, which pulls other people down. Try not to gossip about others and talk about smile-inducing stuff instead!
3. You tend to work very late at night. It’s a good rule to not bring work home. Work on a to-do list to help you reprioritize time (especially me-time!)
4. You have a stressful living situation – perhaps you live with a messy roommate or significant other. If the person you live with is stressing you out in your domestic life, it can affect the vibes you give off to other people.
5. You constantly find yourself comparing your life to other peoples, constantly wondering if you’re an underachiever or unworthy. Up that self esteem and your positive energy will radiate.
6. You don’t have enough free time. Balance is key, and you need to have some R&R time to properly unwind and not be a stressed out firecracker all the time. We all need to have a “treat yourself” day, and if we don’t, we end up taking that stress and negativity out on others.
7. You spend too much time on social media. Besides the unhealthy nature of little blue screens themselves, social media will seriously stress you out. Scrolling through that feed makes you jealous and anxious, looking at others lives, so focus on your own instead!
8. You have low self esteem. This leads to negative self talk rather than positive self talk. Create a daily positive mantras about how amazing you are! And if there’s a possibility you might be in denial about that self esteem, take a moment to accept yourself and realize no one’s perfect.
9. You hang out with other pessimists, and love passing around bad news and negative gossip. You should be spending time with people who see the silver lining in situations, and are aware of their own privilege, so you can be grateful rather than focus on complaining.
10. You present yourself socially with closed-off body language, i.e not making eye contact, crossing your arms, or not turning fully towards the person you’re talking to. That signifies an inability to remain open and approachable in a conversation.
11. You’re passive and lazy – being unproductive and restless can cause negative energy, so pick up a hobby you like, or take action in some sense! Go for a run in the park, or go to a concert. Something to life your spirits and help you focus on the positive.
12.You rarely move outside your comfort zone. Going out of your comfort zone is really hard for people who are worried about fear, being uncomfortable, or failing, so the lack of self-expanding through new experiences keeps you stuck in that negative zone.