Did you know that knowing a couple of psychological tricks can make your life a lot easier? Most people don’t even think about it, they just do on with their life, not knowing that there are easy ways to get things your way and even to make certain daily activities simpler and easier. All you need to do is know how to apply a couple of psychological tricks to your advantage. Quite a few of them are already being used in marketing, to make you buy certain products, so knowing them will help you see through marketing schemes and save you a couple of bucks. Other tricks will help you to become a more productive person in general. Does that sound interesting?
1. If you have trouble finding a good deal while shopping at a supermarket, try looking at the higher shelves. Most of the time, the most expensive, name brand things are stocked at eye level, to make you buy them and spend more money. But if you look at the higher shelves, or the ones all the way on the bottom shelf – you’ll find cheaper alternatives.
2. Bananas will make you a happier person. It’s a scientific fact that eating a banana for breakfast brightens your mood and makes you feel happier. Why? Because bananas contain a lot of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin by your body. That’s why bananas are often called “the fruit of happiness”.
3. Watermelon is nature’s viagra. Science studies show that eating watermelon affects your blood vessels very similarly to how viagra does. It makes your blood vessels relax and dilate. So, you know, perhaps watermelon is the real aphrodisiac.
4. Who doesn’t like burning candles in the colder months, and since it’s autumn we’re pretty sure you’re about to break out your favorite candle. However, if you notice that you burn through your candles quite fast, there’s a trick to make them last longer. Just put the candle in the freezer for a couple of hours before you light it. You’ll see, your candles will definitely last longer.
5. Listening to music while strength training will help you lift heavier weights. In fact, you can actually lift 15% heavier weights if you listen to music while doing it. So if you have any goals to hit, crank up the music.
6. While we’re on the topic of working out – drinking a cup of coffee before a workout will boost your metabolism and you’ll burn more calories during your workout. It’ll also increase your energy level, so your workout won’t seem as hard as usual.
7. If you want to continue burning calories at a higher rate, even when you sleep – have a cup of green tea before going to bed. It’ll boost your metabolism and help you burn fat, without giving you the same buzz that coffee would.
8. When calling the police or the fire department – state your address first. This will assure that help gets to you faster, because they’ll be able to send a car to you while you’re still explaining the other details on the phone.
9. If you want to lose weight – eat slowly. Studies show that those who eat quickly gain weight faster, while those who eat slowly – don’t. So next time you’re having food, take your time, chew slowly. You’ll get full faster and won’t overeat this way.
10. Blasting your music makes you a happier and calmer person, however weird that might sound. It helps you block out everything else and just relax. So next time someone tells you your music is too loud – don’t turn it down, just say it helps you calm down. It can also help you out when you’re feeling a bit anxious.
11. Speaking of anxiety. Eating a small handful of nuts or some fat-free yogurt can also help you when you’re feeling very anxious. The secret is in the amino acids that these products contain. They help your body calm down and relax.
12. If you’re feeling down – just smiling your biggest smile can help brighten your mood. It sounds weird, but just going through the motion even if you don’t feel like smiling, tricks your brain into releasing the happy hormones and making you feel better.
13. When you have trouble falling asleep try the 4-7-9 breathing technique. Simply breath in through your nose while counting to 4 in your head. Then hold the breath for a count of 7, and slowly breathe out to the count of 8. You’ll see, by the time you’re done with 5 rounds you’ll feel calmer and sleepier.
14. Naps are a great idea. Taking a nap during a day will improve your memory and also, reduce the chances of getting a cardiovascular disease. However, don’t overdo it. Sleeping more than 9 hours a day is bad for you, it can actually compromise your immune system.
15. And here’s a fun little trick for when you go to the zoo. If you want to catch the attention of the animals and not hide from you – just wear the same colors as the uniform of zoo employees. The animals will be much friendlier to you.