Expecting a baby can be stressful and uneasy. But it is also fun, interesting and fascinating at the same time. After a baby arrives you will remember the moments of pregnancy as the precious times. And, of course, it is important to take some cute pictures of your baby bump. How to make your pregnancy pictures not boring and really unique? You don’t even have to hire a professional photographer to document your mom-to-be moments. Here are some great ideas for the expecting photo shoot! You will definitely find something you would like to try.
1) If you already have kids, you are lucky to capture the sweet and tented moments with them expecting little brother or sister. Get the little doctor involved, or pick matching clothes with your daughter. Use a chalkboard with a cute message on it!
2) Capture your pregnancy week by week. Believe it or not, 9 month of pregnancy go by really quick, so it is important to capture every moment of your baby’s exciting journey to this world. You will be surprised by looking at the changes of your body and face through the pregnancy period. Capture your progress defining the date by writing it down on chalkboard or with the help of a calendar.
3) Make your photo shoot a fun time. Your baby bump is a blank, so grab a brush and paint and draw whatever you want. It could be anything! Try to imagine what your child looks like and draw a portrait, or try drawing x-ray of your belly. For sport lovers it will be cool to have a basketball (volleyball, golf ball, whatever you wish) drawn on your bump!
4) Temporary tattoos are very popular these days, especially the ones made with henna – natural dye prepared from the plant. It is safe, lasts much longer than simple paint and looks more subtle on the skin. Many countries, like India and Morocco have a tradition to apply henna during the 3d trimester of pregnancy. It is not only bringing the soothing and relaxing effect, it is also protecting a child from bad spirits.
Having a henna tattoo on your belly is a perfect way to celebrate this special pregnancy time. You can choose to draw anything you want: from trees, animals, flowers to abstract patterns. Enjoy the process and beautiful photos after.
5) Make a cute expecting photo session featuring your husband/boyfriend. Highlight your relationship and show your love and tenderness in this special photo set. Show off your bellies with funny signatures, make hand hearts over your bellies. You can play with shadows: let your man make a shadow of hands in heart shape on your bump. Take a maternity photo with cute little baby boots. So adorable!
6) Don’t forget about your pets. Pets are family. Pets are usually very sensitive to female hormone and body changes, especially dogs. Your dogs may be feeling confused, protective as well as behaving abnormally; like being extra happy during your pregnancy. Cats can also behave differently during the pregnancy period. Just make sure your pet is comfortable with you and take amazing pictures with it!
7) Take sneak-peak photos with the latest sonogram. Finding out that you’re pregnant as well as discovering the sex of your baby is a crazy, exciting moment. Use your first sonogram for a baby announcement, or place it over the belly.
8) Maternity selfies. Yes, it is a selfie generation now, and who doesn’t love taking selfies anyway? You don’t need to hire a professional photographer for that, just keep taking progressive maternity shots from different angles in different situations. Stay in trend!
9) Seasonal shots! If you’re expecting a baby this fall, or want to make a pregnancy announcement this time of the year, there’s a great way to make your expecting photos fun, interesting and original! Tell about your exciting news taking a picture with a small pumpkin!
10) Give a hint. If you already know your baby’s name, you can make a cute and original announcement using wooden letters, a chalkboard or wooden blocks. Or give a hint! Use only one letter in your photo.