We all know we should really cook at home and not spend all of our money on restaurants and takeout. After all, it’s just food, it’s not something that creates a lasting impression and we don’t get to keep it for a long time. We like fantasizing about how one day we’ll save enough money for a round the world trip, or the house of our dreams, or a really nice car, or perhaps a closet full of designer shoes. On our better days we even think about how we’d like to donate some money to charities. But the hard truth is, a lot of the time we still end up spending most of our money on food. Today we decided to indulge you a little bit and list a couple of ways we like to rationalize spending all of our money on food. So take a look, relate and we hope this makes you smile.
1. Monday mornings are hard enough, I deserve a Starbuck’s with everything.
2. Oh sh*t, I forgot to pack lunch. Again. Oh well. I’ll just have a burrito instead.
3. I swear I thought I had something edible in the fridge. Oh well, takeout it is tonight.
4. New day, new me. I’ll just have a black coffee instead of a caramel frappucino. Look at me saving money.
5. Hey I did have my coffee black this morning, that totally justifies buying that donut, right?
6. Oh look, they have that lunch offer where you get 2 for one. It would be stupid not to take advantage of that.
7. I know I should go grocery shopping, but I’m really tired and then I’d have to cook, and it’s getting late. Tacos will save the day.
8. It’s Pizza day at work. People would think I’m weird if I didn’t chip in for that.
9. Ok, I went to the supermarket, I bought all this stuff, I will cook for the rest of the week.
10. Ugh, I’m running late and there’s nothing in the fringe that can be eaten right away. I’ll just go out for dinner and start cooking tomorrow.
11. I was not meant to cook. Everything is burnt and tastes like ashes.
12. I could try following a recipe, but my friends are inviting me out for drinks, so what’s the point? I’ll just get snacks at the bar.
13. Hangovers are the worst, send help. And pizza. And pancakes. Send pizza pancakes.
14.It’s Saturday, everyone goes out for brunch on Saturday. It’s like the law. I can’t be the only one stuck at home.
15. Sundays are meant to be chill. Let’s be real, I’m not going to start my new, very self-aware life, where I don’t blow money on food on a Sunday. I’ll pig out on takeout today and start my new life on Monday.