Nothing re-sparks the fire of your relationship like making your man feel newly desired all over again. Sometimes, we take our partners for granted, but catering to him in these little ways can make a huge difference in his world.
1. Compliment him. Men don’t often receive genuine compliments, and it means a lot to him, making him feel more appreciated in your relationship.
2. Give him long, passionate hugs. Many men like to communicate physically and a supportive hug that lingers more than usual.
3. Ask him for advice. This will make him feel useful and needed, being the problem solving provider and contributor that he wants to be.
4. Give him a safe space to vent in. Men are told so often to be strong, which results in toxic masculinity and stone-walling. This is an important gesture of love.
5. Tell him everything that you appreciate about what he does for you. He will always do things for you without asking for that recognition, but cherishing him for all that he does makes him feel really good.
6. Buy dinner once in a while. Men are used to picking up the tab but it can be quite a turn on if you slip your card to the waiter without him noticing. It shows that you appreciate him as provider, but understand it’s a two-way street.
7. Be affectionate with him – the little things, like holding hands or resting your head on his shoulder makes him feel like a protector, which is often a man’s way of showing you love.
8. When you’re with him, put down the phone and give him 100% of your attention. You might be good at multitasking but this undivided attention is essential in showing him you care.
9. Take initiative to say sorry first once in a while. When you’re in love, it doesn’t matter who instigated it, as long as you communicate in a healthy manner and move forward after the fight.
10. Wear his favorite outfit. Guys are obviously visual, but when he sees you wearing something you know he loves, he sees that effort and appreciates it ten-fold.
11. Show him that you miss him once in a while. Tell how much you miss him and how you can’t wait to see him again – a cute text will always put a smile on his face.
12. Don’t be too bossy with him – this behavior makes it seem like he’s the one who needs you, and you don’t need him at all. Let him take control once in a while, even if you usually wear the pants.
13. Share your secrets with him. This trust that you’re investing in him mail make him want to invest the same in you, and also shows him how important he is to you.
14. Take an active effort to listen rather than talking – actions speak louder than works, so taking a man seriously and treating him the way you want to be treated is important.
15. Make the first move once in a while. Men are always the ones in control so when a woman takes control, it’s pretty exciting for him.