Every year, the popular wedding site junebug.com gathers a list of the top 50 engagement photos, out of thousands of submissions. They’re the most creative and beautiful pics out of the bunch, and we picked out the best 14 just for you! These couples will make you “aww”, or give you ultra third wheel syndrome, but either way, you can’t deny how perfect these shots are.
1. OMG. Shot in one of the most iconic natural wonders ever, this way-too-good-looking couple poses in a very Dirty Dancer-esque shot. We love blondie’s dress color against the gorgeous backdrop.
2. There’s nothing wild or crazy about taking a shot in front of a chapel, but this one is full of velvety, spiritual vibes and we’re obsessed. The lighting and backdrop of the sky is incredible, and almost gives the illusion that the chapel is floating – so romantic.
3. These babes decided to emphasize the honeymoon phase – the entangled feet in the bed is a metaphor but also a classy way to keep it fun and sexy, without obsessing over perfect makeup or styled formal wear.
4. Wow. These ladies really are the perfect match, per their yin and yang themed photoshoot. Their outfits are dripping with swag, and the wall art choice (Photoshopped or not) and everything about this image is just goals.
5. Everybody jump into the pool! This shot is mostly bubbles and holding hands, but we’re totally cool with that. We love the timing of this shot and the messiness of it all – his tie and her hair flying up… so cute.
6. This is more traditional and way less goofy than a lot of the shots on this list, but it’s so breathtaking, and it looks like it was taken out of a magazine. The bride’s veil is unbelievable, and the way that the photographer has captured it in the wind is equally unreal. We love how the veil covers both of them as they pull each other close.
7. Maybe not the most cinematic or best edited shot, but the pose itself deserves all the props. These limber babes proved their aerial yoga skills as they embrace themselves upside down for a really impressive shot. We would most likely pass out.
8. Aw. Skater couples are already hella cute, but then they had to go out on the open rad and take this super adorable shot and get even cuter! Love the socks on this babe and the height boost she gets from the board instead of heels ;)
9. Was this taken inside a hot air balloon? We love the colorful, majestic dome setting around them that’s a reminder we’re just ants in a massive universe. We love that this couple is just wearing casual clothes and aren’t at the center of some close-up glitzy-glam shot. Easily our favorite shot on the list.
10. Often, these engagement shots can get so serious, a few laughs are in dire need! This couple spared none, and their joy glows through the image so vibrantly, it’s contagious. Such a simple, intimate, but real shot. This love is so pure.
11. Set in this dreamy blue-black water, the tiny circles around them make us think that it’s gently raining around them – who doesn’t want a romantic rain shot? Hubby’s fantastic beard definitely helps make it more epic as well.
12. These two were sneaky about the image they decide to go with – all out of focus and in some lush greenery somewhere these two snuck in a secret kiss – which is pretty much all that you can see of them. So “Eyes Wide Shut”. We dig it.
13. Upside down and on a perfect hair day, these brunettes decided to capture the peaceful moments in bed before their day started, in a simple tee and sweater. The colors encapsulate comfort and serenity.
14. This pic gives us anxiety – will he make it or won’t he? And bae so casually walks away as he risks it all to meet her on the other side. Is this modern chivalry? We don’t know, but we’re into it. Almost looks like a page out of a comic book. We hope there was a safety net down there.