Some see Vaseline as a cheap petroleum product that makes your face look greasy. Those are people with no imagination. You see, Vaseline is a secret beauty powerhouse that women have been using for years. We’re here to pass on that secret so that everyone can enjoy the powers of Vaseline.
1. Slick down flyaways. Brush out of place flyaways at the root, but use a very small amount so that you hair doesn’t get oily. Who needs hair gel?
2. Eyelash glue remover. Applying false lashes well is important, but so is how you take them off. To avoid damage to your eyes, dab Vaseline to the lash line to gently loosen glue.
3. If you can’t afford expensive highlighter from Sephora, sub Vaseline. A size sized amount on the cheekbone and a dot on the tip of the nose really helps you find your angles.
4. Soften your cuticles. Our crutches can get pretty dry and cracked in the winter, and Vaseline helps seal that moisture in.
5. Removing and applying mascara all the time can wreak havoc on your lashes, and sometimes you just want that natural look. Moisturize and define your lashes with just a bit of Vaseline.
6. Vaseline doesn’t just do miracles for the lashes – it can give you Kardashian brows as well. Use your fingertip to rub them and keep them in place, while hydrating and smoothing them.
7. Rub Vaseline on your wrists, ankles, and elbows to avoid splotchy self-tanner accidents. Petroleum jelly promotes even application and absorption.
8. It can get rid of makeup stains on clothing. Using a damp cloth and Vaseline, you can actually lift off makeup stains from both bedding and clothing.
9. Replace your lip-gloss with Vaseline, which is more moisturizing without that goopy mess and adds the same amount of shine. You can always add a bit of a lip stain for a hint of color.
10. To make your perfume last longer, dab a bit of Vaseline on your wrists and behind the ears before you spray. It will help the scent stick to your skin for longer.
11. Vaseline can help you turn powered eyeshadow into a decadent cream shadow. Simply mix the two on the back of your hand and apply it carefully with a synthetic brush to avoid smudging.
12. We can’t all afford a dye job at a salon, but know the pitfalls that come with dying hair at home. To prevent hair dye from bleeding into your skin, dab some Vaseline around your hairline.
13. Vaseline doubles as a makeup remover. Simply wet your washcloth and apply a bit of Vaseline to wipe off your makeup while hydrating your facial skin.
14. It’s a fantastic remedy for scaly, dry skin, especially on the feet. To remedy those calluses and cracked heels, massage petroleum jelly into your feet. If you can, wear socks to bed after you apply, and in less than a week, your feet will be baby soft.
15. If you appear body bronzer to give your legs a little more shine and glistening definition, mix a bit of Vaseline with your bronzer and apply it on your leg for an even and more natural-looking glow.