You might not know that much about SNL phenomenon and cite Pete Davidson, besides the fact that he had a short lived and fiery engagement to Ariana Grande, and a million dollar smile. There are many other things to the man that is Pete Davidson – here are some facts that you definitely didn’t know about the elusive star.
1. He became a comedian on a dare! At age 16, him and his friends were at a Staten Island bowling alley and was dared by them to perform his first stand up set. It was history from then on.
2. His dad passed away on 9/11, heroically fighting as a firefighter the day of the tragic terrorist attack in the twin towers.
3. He has both Borderline Personality Disorders and Crohn’s Disease. He was diagnosed with Crohn’s as a teenager, and has had ongoing mental health issues. However, Borderline Personality Disorder only affects around 6% of the entire population.
4. He was bullied in school and didn’t have too many friends, which is the reason he attending three different high schools. He was only happy once he left Staten Island to go to university.
5. He voted for Hilary Clinton and is an avid Hilary supporter. He even got a Hilary tattoo on his leg. Could he be any more of a dream bae?
6. He’s worth 4 million dollars which is pretty impressive if you think of how young he is and how quickly he attained his level of fame through just television appearances. Apparently, SNL earned him 15k an episode.
7. He’s dated a total of four high profile women, each more different than the next. First there was comedian Carly Aquito, then Cazzie David, daughter of Larry David. After that, it was Ariana Grande, and his latest tryst has been with the much older actress Kate Beckinsale.
8. His Instagram account is no more. After publicly discussing his mental health struggles, he posted some worrying suicidal messages on IG. He needed a social media purge to get over his ex, and we can totally relate.
9. Ariana Grande wrote a song about him called Sweetener. She also gives him a mention in Thank U Next, in which she talks about how they almost got married and how thankful she is to him.
10. He’s an avid sneaker head and collector, owning over 100 pairs in a vast range of colors.
11. SNL’s own hilarious Bill Hader recommended Pete Davidson to the Saturday Night Live producers which is how he got the gig and launched his career to superstardom.
12. He’s a big user and supporter of dark humor – he’s using his father’s death as inspiration for his work, finding something funny in something sad as a form of Catharsis. This is why he has so many fans, but there is an equal amount of people who find his comedy offensive or controversial.