We know Chris Evans as Captain America. Mr. Right, Mr. Perfect, a guy who looks like he could be a Ken doll and whose personality is shockingly perfect just as his face and his physique are. He sometimes seems too perfect to be true. But that’s just who he is. And yet there are way more facts about him to uncover that will frankly make him sound even more surreal and perfect. So if you don’t mind having your standards in men becoming extremely high – keep on reading.
1. The first role Chris played was in a 1997 educational film called “Biodiversity: Wild About Life”. The plot of the movie is described on IMDb as three high-schoolers enter a contest to win $1000 by submitting a video about biodiversity. But you should look it up at least to see how dorky Chris looked as a teen.
2. Jokes have been made about Captain America’s butt in the movies, but did you know that Chris had a very similar nickname on set. Anthony Mackie called him Captain Little Ass because of how toned and in shape Chris was. In turn, Anthony was known as Falcon Big Butt.
3. If you ever wondered how tall is Chris Evans and how much does Chris Evans weigh – we have answers. He’s 183 cm tall and weighs 88 kg. Oh and just in case you didn’t know how old is Chris Evans – he’s 38.
4. Chris Evans didn’t always have a Hollywood smile. In fact, he says that as a child he says he “looked like the village idiot growing up because my teeth were trying to escape my face”. But luckily for him, his father was a dentist so he got clear braces to correct this early on in his life.
5. We’re all used to Chris being Captain America, but did you know that it wasn’t his first superhero role? Back in 2005, he played Johnny Storm, the Human Torch in Fantastic Four. But you probably don’t remember that because this movie and its sequel became largely known as “the biggest superhero disaster since Catwoman”.
6. Few people know that Chris Evans also starred in a music video. And no, it wasn’t a pop star one, it was Marilyn Manson’s “Tainted Love”. In the music video, Chris is playing a frat boy that’s being pushed out of the way by Marilyn Manson on his way to enter a party.
7. One of Chris Evans’ secret skills is tap dancing. He just loves it, and while at first, he was a bit embarrassed to share it with the public, he’s now embraced it and even tap danced on the Ellen show. He says it’s something he learned from his mother.
8. Chris had a massive crush on Sandra Bullock as a kid and then in 2014, there were rumors that they were actually dating. Sandra and Chris have denied these rumors and said they were just friends, but still, even being friends with your childhood crush seems incredible.
9. Speaking of crushes, fans often wonder who is Chris Evans dating. And while he’s been linked to many gorgeous women like Jessica Biel, Emmy Rossum, Christina Ricci, Lily Collins and Jenny Slate. But at the current time, he remains single.
10. Chris has shared in interviews that he’s been inappropriately obsessed with Disney since childhood. He can recite every word from The Little Mermaid and a few other films to this day. He also has a dream of being a in a musical so when he heard about The Little Shop Of Horrors being remade he desperately wanted to be in it.
11. Evans didn’t exactly dream of being an actor. As a kid, he would spend hours in his room drawing and dreaming of being a Disney animator. He just wanted to be an artist and would’ve been happy drawing or painting for the rest of his life. But hey, at least he got to work with Disney in some capacity.
12. Chris has been struggling with anxiety for a while now. It’s probably one of the reasons he didn’t really dream of being an actor. It became almost crippling after he took on the role of Captain America. Walking the red carpet would make him feel very nervous and he felt like he was walking on eggshells. But he’s taken up therapy and says it’s helped. Robert Downey Jr. also confirmed that since taking up therapy Chris has become way more confident and relaxed in public situations.
13. Not many people know where Chris Evans from. Well, he’s from Boston, Massachusetts. But since becoming an actor he’s moved. If you want to know where does Chris Evans lives at the moment – the answer is pretty easy to find online. He bought a house in Laurel Canyon, overlooking LA. He used to live there with his latest girlfriend Jenny Slate, but since they broke up he just lives there with his dog Dodger.
14. Chris Evans didn’t even have to audition for the role of Captain America. It’s something he got offered. Many actors would give an arm and a leg for such an opportunity but Chris refused is a couple of times fearing the commitment and worrying it’ll stop him from getting other roles in the future. Thankfully Robert Downey Jr. convinced him it was a good idea and he agreed.