With all the newcomers to the pop world, it’s easy to get lost in the latest trends. But we can’t forget to pay homage to the queens of pop – and one of those reigning queens is most definitely Britney Spears. Here are some things you might not know about this icon.
1. Britney spears is 37 years old. It might seem young, but she started out at a very young age, so it makes sense.
2. Britney spears has two kids – Sean Federline (age 13) and Jayden James Federline (age 12).
3. Britney spears has a boyfriend, and he was a star in her music video when they met. A very attractive one, at that!
4. Britney Spears’ current net worth is thought to be approximately $215 million – she makes up to 30 million annually thanks to her Vegas residency, which started in 2013.
5. Britney Spears’ middle name is Jean.
6. Britney was raised in December 2nd, 1981 in McComb, Mississippi, but was raised in Kentwood, Louisiana.
7. She has two siblings. You might be familiar with sister Jamie Lynn, but she also has a brother named Bryan James.
8. Britney Spears skyrocketed to fame after her 1999 track “Baby One More Time” hit the top of pop charts everywhere. Interestingly enough, that song was originally intended for TLC.
9. She became a member of the Mickey Mouse Club in 1992, and was just 8 when she auditioned the first time! After being told she was too young, she auditioned again at age 11 and made it.
10. At age 10, after she was told she was too young for the Mickey Mouse Club, she was understudy for a lead part in Ruthless!, a highly popular off-Broadway play.
11. Britney Spears got her first record dealing 1997, where her look transformed to pop princess and she started doing the concerts at shopping malls, which was very on trend in the 90s.
12. Britney Spears is a top-selling teenage artist, selling 37 million records before turning 20 years old.
13. Britney and Justin Timberlake broke up in 2002 after a three year relationship. Rumor has it, she cheated on him, which is why he released Cry Me A River, which is about an unfaithful partner.
14. Britney Spears was almost part of the royal family! She nearly went on a date with Prince William, but he ended up dating Kate Middleton. Lucky Kate – it’s hard to live up to Britney Spears!
15. Britney Spears has been nominated for nine Grammys and won one for Toxic in 2005.