Zendaya is our favorite curly haired beauty. She’s a beacon of acceptance and has portrayed a ton of role from wholesome Disney shows to edgy HBO series like Euphoria. Here are some little snippets of Z’s life that you may not have been privy to before.
1. Zendaya was born on September 1, 1996 in Oakland California, making her 23 years young.
2. Her full name is Zendaya Maree Stoermer Coleman.
3. She is African American, German, and Scottish – what a blend of a background!
4. Zendaya grew up in an acting family, and hence she spent a lot of her childhood in the theatre while helping her mom run errands. She would also perform in many of the plays.
5. Her first ever movie role was on Disney’s “Frenemies,” but her first major recurring role was on Shake it up! On Disney where she played the co-lead role, Raquel Rocky Blue.
6. The star’s name means “to give thanks” in Shona, which is an African language.
7. She has one dog – a giant Schnauzer whose name is Midnight.
8. Zendaya once starred as a backup dancer in a Sears commercial with Selena Gomez! From Sears to riches…
9. She can eat ice cream with her front teeth without it bothering her. Now this is a superpower we wish we had. Her favorite flavor is Haagen Dazs coffee.
10. She rewatches the Harry Potter films as a form of self-care, and says she usually watches one of the movies at least once a day.
11. She has named Channing Tatum as one of her celebrity crushes, because, who doesn’t agree with her?
12. Zendaya repeated kindergarten because she wasn’t always so wonderful at socializing with others. She would be quiet with other kids, but look at her now!
13. If Zendaya hadn’t become an actor, she would have become a teacher, because both her parents were teachers (PE and drama.)
14. Her red carpet look with dreads inspired a full on new Barbie doll with Mattel’s 2015 look that recreated the Academy Awards ‘fit.
15. She might have starred as Michelle Jones in “Spider Man: Homecoming” but her first date was actually going to see a Spiderman movie!