We’re entering a new phase of quarantine, where all of us are going stir crazy with cabin fever. To entertain yourself, people are doing things that they never imagined they’d be bored enough to do. Enter the #jacquemusathome challenge. In it, Simon Porte Jacquemus orders that you must make faces out of items in your house. This is the ultimate way to pass time, and you’ll probably find things you forgot you ever had in the first place. It’s a way to bring communities together and unite the human race during this mandatory time of self-isolation.
1. This is one of the first examples that Simon made himself. Call this one a deconstructed take on pasta. Around a roughly sketched face, wavy hair is made out of pasta noodles, while cherry tomatoes make for some gorgeous dangling earrings.
2. Here, the designer decided to infuse a little color on his white paper canvas. Eyeballs are made up of two oranges, while lips are made from delicate petals, and the hair is a funky purple netted bag.
3. For Jacquemus’s final look, he got extra creative and used one of his very own shirts (which we now want immediately.) Some bone structure is made from a neon lanyard, while eyes are narrow due to matches. The lips are a laundry pin, and we want a video with a talking edition.
4. This look makes curly hair out of what looks like white ribbons, while a ring is used as a single earring. The face is very Picasso like, and we love those toothpicks for a nose.
5. Meet the fruit salad who has an affinity for Jacquemus accessories. A mini clutch and an orange make up the eyes, while a curved banana adds a playful smile to the mix.
6. We can tell that this took a while to play out, and adore the imagination. Unsure what the hair )or eyebrows?) are made out of, but some citrus fruits, a plant, and a feather add structure to this oddball look.
7. Not sure if the spaghetti is meant to be a neck or a beard for this look, but we love it either way. Kiwis for eyes are so beautiful, but the sun won’t ruin them thanks to a big shady leaf for hair. Citrus makes up the eyes and mouth, while an artfully cut leaf makes for a bulb nose.
8. Someone merged the Jacquemus challenge and made it an Apple challenge too. With AirPods for eyes, a charger for a mouth, and some cables for hair. Not the most inspired creation, but a funny version.
9. Since everyone is freaking out about wearing a mask,, this creator decided to put one over his creation’s mouth. The head is made form an elegant wreath, while the eyes are two very chic mini Jacquemus bags. Even a mannequin hand was added for this challenge!
10. Did someone say extensions? With a Uber-long fringed fringe Jacquemus purse and some jelly beans or throat lozenges, this face gets a dose of femininity. She’s the apple of our eye – get it?
11. Someone decided to go shopping! An artfully placed sleeve holds a clutch, which has a bunch of lemons it. This mysterious lemon man has grapes for eyes, a friendly smile, and a head made from Jacquemus string. The marble background makes it even more chic.
12. This creator took a note out of Jacquemus’s book with some penne hair details, and the face has complete sass! She’s wearing a red lip thanks to a chili, rocking a scarf, and has some big, lovely lime eyes. Well, one at least.
13. Someone decided to get fruity on this cutting board face with a cut open cantaloupe for a mouth – look at those perfect teeth! A yellow mini bell pepper kind of matches that color palette, while strawberries signify eyes.
14. This artist has opted for the very popular banana mouth, but at least added some dashing hoop earrings and smaller apples for eyes rather than the massive ones some people have been opting for. A little leaf makes for a cute button nose.
15. Are those dried green bean husks creating the face frame>? Paired with a non-impressed, straight-lined mouth form a leaf, this face gets its charm from
16. At first we thought these lips were made of roast beef, but they kind of look like dried petals smooshed together now. Shiny oranges make up the eyes, but are they real or fake? That shine smells like plastic through the computer screen.
17. Obviously a nature lover made this minimalist face. With a ginger root for a note, apple slices for a mouth, and artfully placed wheat and lavender for hair, this might be our favorite look yet.
18. Are these nuts, wood marbles or chocolate-covered marbles that make up this natural gal’s hair? So many questions. A heart-shaped mouth is underlined with a choker necklace for a chin, while classy shades and a hat keep the sun out. BTW, where can we get those earrings?