Victoria Beckham has taught us a lot – we learned about friendship and the power of a good girl squad from her Posh Spice days, and now, she’s known as a style maven all around the world. Here are her top tips to keep you looking très chic.
1. Pack long dresses when you travel. She did so for Paris and Madrid, realizing that they look chic, are comfortable and versatile, and take up less space than other garments in our suitcase.
2. Don’t be scared to venture into menswear. Victoria has been known to rock androgynous looks and men’s coats – it’s definitely stronger and bolder than some of her other looks. She has haters on some of these looks, but she’s married to David Beckham so who cares?
3. Make a modest statement with high ruffle collar. It adds drama, and is one of Mrs. Beckham’s more famous signature look. She usually pears with neutral trousers, but you can try with a skirt as well.
4. A long sleeve, collared white button down is a closet essential. Some might think that the LBD is what every woman needs in her closet, but this professional staple is just as essential.
5. Wearing all black is never wrong. People might hate on his dark look, calling it one-note, but there’s something timeless and effortlessly classy about wearing all black. It’s easy to match, and always makes you look like a babe.
6. Always keep a pair of oversized sunglasses on hand. No matter the season or your face shape, this accessory adds a stylish twist to even the most boring of outfits.
7. A choppy lob or bob makes for easy, low maintenance styling. If you’re thinking of going short, this contemporary look works on a range of women and is just long enough to tie up, but short enough for effortless styling a la loose waves.
8. Denim can be high end. It’s all in the sleekness of styling and the type of jeans. Stay away from faded, ripped options and instead go for a dark, fitted and flattering jeans that pairs well with heels and a silk or chiffon blouse.
9. If you’re not a traditional pantsuit lover, go for a camel suit with boxy, androgynous silhouette. It looks completely high street, but will last through the winter more timelessly than the blush and pastel options which are infiltrating the market right now.
10. Leather pants are a great way to make an everyday look more edgy, whether it’s with a white tee or a plush sweatshirt. It’s smart, sexy, and very grown up with the right blazer.