The goal of a good Thanksgiving outfit is to wear something memorable enough to earn a compliment, but comfortable enough to accommodate the ginormous food baby that is about to take over your stomach. Here’s some elegant (but super cozy) Thanksgiving outfit inspiration.
1. This look belongs in Vogue, but it couldn’t be more comfortable for your expanding stomach. Try a chunky, oversized cable-knit sweater with suede thigh highs and a wide-brimmed statement hat – appropriate for pretty much every holiday event.
2. This high necked shift dress look is very Blair Waldorf, and the good news is that those tights will suck in your turkey gut until you get home. Pair with chunky boots or heels and a small handbag.
3. A long knit maxi always classes up a look, even when paired with tennis shoes, and best of all it doesn’t constrict at all. Opt for a dark, romantic color like burgundy or a neutral look for a side slit to add even more elegance.
4. Boyfriend jeans are the perfect solution when you want to look cute, but not feel like your legs are in a corset. Try a high waisted version with your favorite sweatshirt and some sneakers.
5. We love this Thanksgiving look which pairs ankle boots with skinny jeans and an oversized white sweater over a long sleeved denim button down.
6. If you’re looking to make a fashion statement during Thanksgiving dinner, try a full length body suit with a faux fur jacket, which can later be converted into a blanket when you pass out on the couch.
7. Find yourself a printed legging that looks like a dress pant or skinny jean, and you’ll thank yourself forever. This babe has paired hers with sauce toed boots and boxy sweater over a white button down for an edgy but snuggly ensemble.
8. Dress up a pair of jeans and a white tee with some high heeled chunky boots and a blazer. We adore this checkered version with a simple pulled back hairstyle.
9. This look can be carried through all of autumn and winter – when is black and faux fur not chic? Finished off with black wedges and a beanie with a jumbo pom pom, this look is playful but gorgeous on all body types.