A lot of people think that you need to get your booty to the gym in order to shed some pounds and get shredded abs, but that’s actually a stereotype and a case of common misinformation. Here’s the best reasons to say goodbye to that gym membership for once and for all.
1. Strength and cardio circuits in gym classes only involve planks, burpees, sweats and pushups. At home, you can customize this choreo to your heart’s desire.
2. Because you can jump rope for just a few minutes and find yourself drenched in sweat with your heart beating.
3. Most of the best core exercises which aren’t crunches can be done on a mat, so grab yourself a comfy one and research core workout variations.
4. Some of the best things you can do with a mat are the practices of yoga and Pilates. They lengthen, stretch, tone, and torch calories, all with your own body weight.
5. Drop the heavy weights an incorporate a fast Tabata sequence which burns fat in a very short amount of time. Tabata is 20 seconds of extreme effort, 10 seconds of rest, repeated 8 times in four minutes.
6. Check out interactive classes, which are the exact same as a studio workout, from the comfort of your own home and free.
7. Try a couple of resistance band with different levels of stretch and handles – this can be a good way to complement online workout classes or your own freestyles to mimic a studio environment.
8. You can dance at home to several Rihanna songs and burn just as many calories as you did on the elliptical, but have way more fun. Challenge yourself with a music video choreography online.
9. There’s a lower risk of injury when you’re not carrying heavy dumbbells and instead are just relying on bodyweight. No need for a spotter with safer at home workouts!
10. Walking is actually the most effective way to burn fat. This is what helps reveal those sexy muscles underneath – slow and steady wins the race!