Who’s bored of standard dark red nails for winter? We sure are. Enough of this silly nonsense. Who says fun nails are only for summer? We think it should be an all-year thing. So we looked around on Instagram and found a whole bunch of cute, bright and funky nail designs that are perfectly suitable for winter. We tried to stick to winter color palettes, but let’s be honest, sometimes we broke those rules, because the design was just too cool to dismiss and because rules are meant to be broken either way. So here we go. Starting from simple and going all the way to funky – these are the best winter nail design ideas we have found.
Simple Nail Designs
1. Let’s start nice and simple, a minimalist approach doesn’t mean you can’t have fun with nail designs. A thin glittery line looks chic and we think covering half of your nail in foil for that frosty tip look is a great idea too.
2. A bit of glitz and glam never hurt anyone, especially if you use it sparingly as an accent rather than an all-over thing.
3. White is always a good idea, especially in winter. It will go with everything and if you play around with shapes and negative space your manicure will definitely stand out.
4. Here’s another simple nail design perfect for winter. Just buy glitter nail polish with interestingly shaped bits of glitter in it and you’re good to go.
Cute Nail Designs
5. Cute doesn’t have to mean childish or ditzy. You can do cute with simple triangles and depending on the colors you combine you’ll get very different vibes.
6. We think wintery Zodiac constellation design can look very cute and so does the minimalist triangle one.
7. Gold starts always look good on nails, but these were particularly well placed. And if you prefer gold lines, combining them with a forest green nail polish is a winning combo.
8. We love the tiny polka dots on the design on the left and the hexagon design is both funky and cute at the same time.
9. Little colorful stars are a very cute look for any season, but while and gold is a perfect combo for winter, don’t you think?
Bright Nail Designs
10. This is where we start venturing towards brighter colors that aren’t typical for winter manicures but we think these particular shades of green would look great in winter.
11. If you’re not sure about super bright you can always go with muted colors and or just bright accents on your nails.
12. These two nail design options are for those who are ready to fully embrace bright nails this winter.
13. A nude base with bright details is an awesome choice, but so is the super bright and colorful design on the right.
Funky Nail Designs
14. Funky geometric shapes always look good. It’s like having a modern art painting on your nails. Did you know a lot of those Insta nails you see are inspired by modern art?
15. Funky Zodiac manicure with bits of glitter and pastel blues and purples. We thought it was a very wintery color palette.
16. Pearls on nails are the newest trend and we think it looks perfect for winter. You can go for varying sizes of pearls or shape a bird out of them – either way, it looks stunning.
17. These two nail designs are so funky yet so understated. We urge you to try minimalist but 3d nail designs this winter.