While monochrome looks are always in fashion there’s a new trend that’s taking over fashionistas all over the world. It seems like this year is going to be all about bright colors and one-tone outfits. Who knew dressing in one bright color from head to toe can make you look so chic and sophisticated? We urge you to give it a try and here are a few pointers on how to make it work. Live a little, give pastels and beiges a rest and try a bolder, brighter outfit this winter.
1. For a subtle yet eye-catching looks combine the bright color with a neutral base. Don’t be afraid to play with textures. This blue jean and faux fur jacket definitely make a statement but the black shirt and boots with a bun tone it down to a casual yet sophisticated outfit.
2. If you’re not ready to commit to a one color look fully, getting a long coat to match your shoes is a good start. This way you’ll have a very trendy and fashionable look when you’re out and about but can wear something more casual and less loud underneath so that when you take off your coat you can blend in more.
3. All red everything is a very powerful look to go for. It’s important to keep the shade of red as similar as possible but you can play around with textures to add more depth to the overall look.
4. The all yellow ensemble is bound to get you some envious double-takes on the street, but you’ll definitely brighten up everyone’s day and will be the center of attention in any room you enter. As you can see, it doesn’t have to be the same exact shade of yellow, but it’s important to work in layers when picking different shades of the same color.
5. A good way to make a one-tone look stand out even more is to experiment with cuts and shapes. You can make a fluffy cosy coat look chic by combining it with high boots a classy leather bag and a down to business sleek bun hairdo.
6. Wearing matching colors but contrasting textures are always a good idea. Another way you can spice up a one-tone look is to combine dressier pieced with more casual ones – it’ll add a unique twist to your outfit.
7. When in doubt add neutrals or clear elements to your look to emphasize the colored ones even more. This pink bag would’ve blended in with the coat, but putting it in a clear one makes it stand out even more.