Mona Lisa is one of the most recognized works of art in the world but we know shockingly little about the woman depicted in the painting. We know she was Italian, we know her name. She’s often described as a noblewoman but if you do a hit of research you’ll see that she was what would be considered middle class. She was far from poor but she wasn’t hella rich either. People assume she lived a rather ordinary and comfortable life with her husband that she married at 15 and her kids (she had 5). Oh well and she died of plague when she was around 70, that was common back in the old days. But let’s try to imagine what would her life be like if she lived in the modern-day and age, shall we? Thankfully the internet is full of these reimagined pictures of Mona Lisa so let’s go for it.
1. Would Mona Lisa drink her coffee black in a cool Parisian cafe or would she prefer something sugary and with lots of cream from Starbucks?
2. Do you think she’d sit in the towel for ages staring at the wall like most of us do on an early morning or would she be one of those organized girls that go out for breakfast with their friends?
3. Speaking of friends, which one of the FRIENDS do you think she’d identify with? Or maybe she’d be more into GIRLS?
4. Would she post lots of selfies or take candid pics with friends for her Instagram?
5. What would her #ootd look like? Would she be edgy, hip or quite boho?
6. For all, we know she could become a travel blogger who’d not only take great pics at famous locations but also tell us a little about the history of the place.
7. Would she scout out new Instagrammable cafes and bars or would she prefer finding little record stores and collect vinyls?
8. Makes you wonder if she’d be into surfing or just sun tanning at the beach.
9. Would she start rights and go to equality marches or would Mona prefer to stay at home with her cat?
10. And finally, since she’s Italian, the most important question is – would she like pineapple on her pizza?