Lemons are undoubtedly one of the most useful fruits to ever exist. There are so many uses for lemons, from boosting your health to aiding in household chores. Want some invigorating water to enjoy? Add in some lemon slices. Need to clean your kitchen? Lemons to the rescue!
But did you know that there is a use for lemons in your bedroom? Putting a lemon in your bedroom is an age-old practice that your grandparents may remember, but has become a lost art for many today. Read on to learn exactly why you should keep a lemon in your bedroom.
Lemons are essentially a superfood and are known as one of the best natural medicines on the face of the Earth. Many people swear by drinking lemon water first thing in the morning. This is because lemon has an energizing effect on the body, as well as can act as a detoxifying flush to remove toxins and built-up waste. What is interesting is how it can be so effective in the body, but can also be tough enough to work in household applications. Lemon can remove limescale and soap scum from bathroom and kitchen surfaces. And many people love cleaning with it because of its delightfully pleasant citrus scent.
But one of the little-known uses for lemon involves sleep. What many people don’t know is that it has benefits for those who suffer from poor sleep habits. This is because recent research has revealed that lemons can actually help those who suffer from insomnia. Here is where the lemon in the bedroom comes in handy. Placing a lemon in a bowl by your bed can actually help induce sleep, and leave you feeling rested and ready to conquer the day in the morning.
In order to use lemon for its sleep benefits, cut a lemon into four and place it into a bowl or dish next to your bed. Leave it overnight and watch how wonderful you feel the next day.
This hack is not only good for sleep but can help you in a number of ways. This is because it is a well-used antiseptic and antibacterial. It can help to fight off a number of maladies and infections. Some of the other benefits of keeping a lemon in your bedroom at night include:
- It will improve your energy. With enhanced sleep and the wonderful scent of lemon, while you rest, you will get a better night’s sleep
- It can help to ease stress and physical tension.
- The restorative properties in lemons can help you stave off a hangover if you’ve had too much to drink the night before.
- The citrus scent of lemons can help to open and clear sinuses, thus helping those who suffer from asthma
- It can also help to fight off colds and clear mucus, helping you breathe easier.
- Lemons can properly ventilate your space, improving the air quality in your room.
- A lemon in your room at night can help to repel mosquitoes and other pesky bugs
- It can help you have respiratory health in the long term.
- Lemons in your room can help improve allergies if you suffer from seasonal allergy problems.
- Lemons are a natural deodorant and can help to improve bad smells in your space.
If have a few extra lemons that you can consume as well, here are some of the other internal uses and benefits of this amazing fruit:
- Lemons are anti-aging and contain a number of vitamins and minerals, like Vitamin C, A, and E, as well as chromium, iron, copper, and magnesium.
- Lemons can prevent indigestion and arthritis
- Lemons can help to reduce swollen feet.
- Lemons are effective blood cleansers and can help those who suffer from blood disorders.
- Lemons can clean and detoxify the scalp and hair.
- Lemons can help alleviate acne and blackheads on the skin, and can even soften scars