Natalie Portman has had a dynamic and long-lasting acting career since she was just a child, but still always thrives to do better. As of now, she;’s set to portray female Thor in the 2021 production of Thor: Love and Thunder. This is a total power move in light of Portman founding her own production company, which she did to “create more roles for women, by women.”
1. Natalie Portman’s age is 38 years old, and she was born in Israel on June 9, 1981. The Israeli American actress grew up on Long Island, which explains her New Yorker attitude and that slight accent.
2. Natalie Portman is 1.6 meters tall, or just over 5”2. She’s so short that when she was flying to London to shoot the “Star Wars” prequel where someone from customs asked her if she was flying with a guardian.
3. The tiny actress is already just 118 pounds, but lost 20 more for her ballerina role in Black Swan, which she accomplished through proper diet and working out. We think that going into the double digits for weight is a bit extreme, but that shows how far her dedication to her roles goes.
4. The actress wasn’t discovered due to mall headshots or after tons of auditions. Like a classic New Yorker, she was discovered at age 10 at a pizza shop. Just one year later she would audition for her first movie role.
5. Her first role was a breathtaking one years beyond her age in “The Professional”. At the young age of 12, Natalie Portman starred as the small and spunky protégée of hitman Leon in the unforgettable action-drama flick, inspiring choker and crop top fashion for years to come.
6. Natalie Portman’s husband is French choreographer and dancer hottie Benjamin Millepied. The couple has been married since 2012, and the two fell in love on the set of Back Swan.
7. Natalie Portman has two children – Amalia and Aleph. Aleph is eight years old, and his sister Amalia is just two years old. The kids rarely make public appearances, but recently the family was spotted hanging out at Disneyland.
8. She’s technically a genius with a soaring IQ of 140. She even co-wrote 2 research papers which were both in scientific journals.
9. She attended and graduated Harvard University in 2003, with an A.B. in Psychology. Perhaps that’s why she gets in our heads with every role.
10. This citizen of the world can speak six languages fluently, including Hebrew, English, French, German, and yes, Japanese. Is there anything this beauty can’t do?
11. The actress doesn’t own a television (maybe that’s why she’s smarter than the rest of us) however she still has her televised guilty pleasures that she likes indulging in from time to time. Her favourites are “Broad City” and “Transparent.” Please make a cameo on either, Natalie.
12. Natalie hasn’t eaten meat since she was eight years old. The vegetarian read Jonathan Franzen’s book “Eating Animals” in 2009, turning her into a dedicated vegan. When she was pregnant and after the birth of Aleph, she went back to being a vegetarian. Cheese is pretty hard to give up.
13. Her favorite foods make us feel even guilder about our guilty pleasures. Her all time cravings are tofu and black beans!
14. Natalie wasn’t born Natalie Portman. Instead, her Israeli roots show in her birth name which is Neta-Lee Hershlag. She changed her name to Natalie Portman after getting her part in “The Professional,” as a respectful move to give her family privacy.
15. One of her all-time favorite movies is “Dirty Dancing” from 1987. The Swayze classic was her jam growing up, and cited as one of her top cinematic influences.
16. She always put her foot down in terms of boundaries and nudity – in 1999, she turned down a script for the movie “Anywhere but Here”. However, Susan Sarandon refused to work without the young Natalie, so they revised the script for her.
17. Her bald head in “V for Vendetta” wasn’t a bald cap – the actress actually shaved her head. Not many women can pull off the bald look besides Amber Rose, but Natalie pulled it off with ease. If your face is that stunning, hair shouldn’t matter.
18. Before taking on the role of female Thor, there were rumors that Portman didn’t enjoy being a part of the Marvel Universe and was contemplating quitting. This is particularly treating in light of the fact that a lot of the original Thor fans are “outraged” Portman is taking on the role. Hopefully, that’s why the feminist kept on the project – bye haters!
19. She’s the face of gender equality in Hollywood has her own production called Handsomecharlie Films as a move towards diversity in the industry. Handsomecharlie is all about fostering female creative energy, both starring women and created by women.
20. She’s a very supportive mother, and we’d argue tat its her best role yet. Many mothers fear if their kids follow in their footsteps, but when asked about how she would feel if either of them wanted to become actors, she told Bustle, “I support them in doing whatever they love.”
21. Natalie Portman has a net worth of approximately $60 million dollars, and when you take all her life experience into consideration, that fee is well deserved. Portman has been a valuable addition to the acting world for years, and we’re happy to pay her tribute.