Hailey Bieber recently graced the pages of Vogue Paris with an incredible photoshoot. She’s photographed wearing various athleisure outfits, yet she looks like a style icon, not a gym rat. If you’re wondering why that is, the answer is pretty simple. The style of this photo shoot was inspired heavily by Princess Diana’s casual style and what she wore when she wasn’t busy attending royal events. It features her signature baggy tops and cycling shorts that she liked to wear when out for a run or going for a couple of rounds of tennis. People have said that Diana was way ahead of her time in many ways, but when it comes to style she certainly knew something we didn’t. Because if you look around the shops these days you’ll see those oversized blazers, cycling shorts and baggy sweatshirts that Diana used to wear. Hailey Bieber says that Princess Diana has been her style icon for as long as she can remember and we believe it because she channeled not only her style but her overall attitude comes across in the photos too.
1. We love the attention to detail here, not only is Hailey wearing shorts and a baggy sweatshirt, she even has the socks just as high and white sneakers on. Not to mention the over pose with the keys in her mouth clearly looking for something in her bag just like Diana.
2. A casual athleisure look. We wonder if athleisure was even a word back when Diana was sporting this lookout and about.
3. A baggy grey top with tiny shorts and they’re ready to go. It’s kind of funny that Hailey has a campus as a background while Diana is just out on the street, but there you go, real royals don’t hang out exclusively in pretty locations, sometimes they venture out into the real world.
4. It’s also great to see that Diana was wearing a Harvard sweatshirt despite being English and walking around London. Hailey is seen channeling her running pose too.
5. The signature oversized blazer with broad shoulders, blue jeans and those brown boots – autumn #ootd goals for sure.
6. The American flag shirt looks rather loud on Diana, but when you’re going for a round of tennis you probably don’t care that much. Hailey’s approach seems more muted.
7. But Diana wasn’t afraid of bright colors and therefore let’s conclude on a photo of both Diana and Hailey wearing bright (even though contrasting) hues. Fashion queens!