Now seems to be the perfect time to learn how to do complicated hairstyles. If you’re stuck at home and feel super bored this will definitely alleviate your boredom, give you something to do and you’ll pick up a useful, fun and actually marketable skill in the process. Who knew there were that many ways of braiding one’s hair? But when you see these pictures you’ll understand that there are actually infinite ways to create braids and the variety of braids is so vast that you’re bound to find a style that you’ll love even if you’ve never liked braids before. However, we think it’s fair to say that while you can learn to do any braid, some of these are impossible to do on yourself and you’ll need a helpful participant or a mannequin head and a wig to learn. And here’s a curveball, not all braids actually look like what you imagine braids to look like. Just take a look below.
1. Braided flowers are actually way simpler to do than you imagine. It’s all about creating a simple braid and then pulling out the sides to give more volume and pinning it in the shape of a flower.
2. If you liked the three flowers above you might like the idea of creating a whole bouquet of flowers from hair and, as weird as it sounds, we fully support that idea. Hair flower bouquets for the win.
3. Doesn’t this look like the most awesome hairstyle you’ve ever seen? It’s pretty cool, but honestly, there’s so much more to come that it’s hard to pick favourites. But Milena, the girl who does this is clearly on a whole new level when it comes to hairstyles.
4. Apparently, this is what a six-strand fishtail braid looks like and we’re just blown away by the sheer creativity and how amazing this looks. Someone, please wear this hairstyle for a red carpet event.
5. This is an infinity braid and we’re pretty sure that you can stare at this infinitely and it’ll never cease to amaze you because it’s that awesome. Do you think it’s actually called that because it makes the infinity symbol that can be extended indefinitely?
6. You’d probably never know this was such a unique hairstyle from the front. And at first glance, it looks like she could be wearing some sort of a hair accessory that is draped over the hair, but that’s actually made out of hair.
7. There’s no doubt about the fact that this is impressive as hell, but also now we know that if you really wanted to you could make a carpet out of hair, or a beach bag. We’ve definitely seen this pattern before, just never thought to apply it to hair.
8. When you want to add a twist to classic milkmaid braids – make them out of fishtail braids. It looks so gorgeous and it’s such a unique concept. We absolutely love it, and the multicolored hair makes the pattern stand out so beautifully.
9. Another lovely rainbow hairstyle that incorporates a variation of a fishtail braid. Perfect for festivals, weddings, fancy events and just getting the hair out of your face. I mean, is there an occasion this wouldn’t be appropriate for?
10. This would be such a great prom updo. The volume, the detail, the glamour of this hairstyle just speaks for itself. It’ll make anyone look like a princess that just walked out of a Disney movie.
11. This is a four-strand dutch fishtail braid and it looks like the most badass hairstyle an amazonian warrior would do before going into battle that they will definitely win. I mean, we’re pretty sure you can’t lose or fail at anything with a hairstyle like this.
12. And just for giggles – here’s proof that you can actually braid anything into your hair, even numbers. We bet that Milena had no idea what 2020 had in store for all of us when she did this hairstyle.