Margot Robbie needs no introduction at this point. You know her from The Wolf of Wall street, Suicide Squad, I Tonya, Mary Queen of Scotts and the latest Tarantino movie Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. With every new project, she’s getting more and more famous and popular. Margot Robbie’s net worth is $12 million and it’s growing rapidly. She’s basically on her way to becoming Hollywood royalty in the nearest future. But while we can still pretend like she’s a newly successful and fairly down to earth actress, let us share with you some fun facts about Margot Robbie.
1. When Margot Robbie was young her family nicknamed her Maggot and that nickname only spread while she was in school. There’s no actual reason for it that’s been revealed, but we assume it’s just an ironic nickname loosely based on how her name sounds.
2. She slapped Leonardo DiCaprio in the face when filming a fighting scene for Wolf of Wallstreet. She was sure they would fire her and sue her and she would never work again, but Leo just burst out laughing.
3. Speaking of Wolf of Wall Street, Margot was so nervous during this movie that she had shots of tequila at 9 am before filming a bedroom scene with Leo. That must’ve been a very weird day for her.
4. Margot Robbie has turned down a PlayBoy photoshoot because while she’s not shy about her body she only agrees to do nudity for artistic purposes, not men’s magazines. She says she embraces her body and how she looks and likes to celebrate it because she knows she won’t look like this forever.
5. Margot once dressed up as James Franco’s character from Spring Breakers for Halloween and you can’t help but appreciate the commitment to detail. It was hilarious and there are pictures.
6. Margot loves all the bad foods we all like too. She’s a big fan of beer and burgers and fries and she enjoys that when she wants to. But on the flip side, she also goes to the extremes and says that if she needs to wear a bikini she just eats carrot sticks for 3 days.
7. Margot Robbie’s wedding was an exclusive ceremony in Byron Bay. She married Tom Akerley who she met when filming Suite Française. She says she didn’t expect him to feel the same way about her but still chose to tell him and it turned out to be the best decision of her life.
8. While she’s no stranger to glamorous red carpet events, Margot Robbie’s no-makeup look isn’t exactly shocking. She says she’s quite a tomboy and most days she just wears t-shirts and shorts and converse shoes. Even when she gets glammed up she prefers an edgy look to a full-on glamorous girly one.