Have you noticed that a lot of the time when people make food art it usually contains ingredients that most of us wouldn’t have in the house? Like not all of us keep a box of blue spirulina to make our smoothie bowl bright blue. We also don’t always have exotic fruits lying around. Few of us actually manage to cook consistently, instead choosing to order takeout or pizza for a lazy dinner. But this person makes it seem easy. They started out with just having a blog about meal prepping simples dishes, and then they got creative. The result is totally doable, easy meals that have been arranged to look like animals, celebrities, flower or other fun things. Take a look and get inspired. Even if you casually cook only a few times a week you’ll still definitely have these ingredients at home and will be able to recreate this.
1. Foxy Delicious! Spicy side dish with bulgur, Thai rice and chili sauce! Seasoned with roasted black garlic and ras-el-hanout
2. Chicken Cutie. Lovely side dish with mashed potatoes, sauerkraut and carrots. Spiced with black pepper, curry and paprika powder.
3. Happy Rabbit! Greek pasta with homemade tomato sauce, green haricots, chives and feta cheese.
4. Woodpecker Sushi. Pokeplate with sushi rice, tomatoes, wild mushrooms and shiitake. Serve with soy sauce, ginger and wasabi.
5. Sea Turtle Sashimi! Pokeplate with fresh salmon sashimi and cucumber. Serve with soy sauce, wasabi and ginger.
6. Sweet Texas Duck. Creamy vegan chocolate risotto with cacao nibs.
7. Lovely Mathilda! A great dish with rice noodles and basmati rice served with creamy mushrooms and black truffles.
8. Meet Eddy, the Meal Preppers dog! Creamy risotto with lentils and pearl barley. Serve with braised mushrooms and fresh herbs.
9. Panda Love! Great side dish with wild and white Basmati rice, black beans and a puree of beans. Spice up with fresh parsley, chives and garlic.
10. Seagull Salads! A variety of cabbage salads as a side dish for your main course: perfect with tofu, meat or fish from the bbq.
11. African Beauty! Veggie vermicelli with homemade fresh tomato sauce, carrots, green peppers, onions and garlic.
12. Eye of the Tiger. Spicy sushi plate with rice, carrots, edamame beans, peppers and bacon! Serve with ginger, wasabi and soy sauce.
13. Out of Africa! Pokeplate with sushi rice, fresh tuna and nori. Serve with wasabi, soya sauce and ginger.
14. Rudolph’s Treat! A lovely mix of fresh seafood and smoked salmon served with sushi rice and samphire. Perfect as an eyecatcher on your Christmas table.
15. ‘Frosty’ Potato & Squash! Lovely side dish for your buffet: fluffy mashed potatoes with roasted butternut and onions, spiced (and colored) with fresh parsley, turmeric, nutmeg and bell pepper.